• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NLVMAX'S Nytro SE Garage: Mod Update

NLVMAX

Expert
Any mods I do with my SE I will post here with pics. Anyone who wants to use this thread for their Nytros go ahead.
Would be great to keep things together.

Discuss ideas for our Nytro Se's including suspension setup, perfomance mods, track options, installs,
motor break in, clutching, turbos, you get the idea
:4STroke:

Take her home. Exciting stuff

IMG_3601.jpg

Well I had a Camoplast 1.5 Intense track installed by dealer. Fully clipped.
I heard good stuff about this track so I thought give it a try.
IMG_2918.jpg

Now I can play in the deep stuff.

With a bigger lug track you will experience more slippage than normal so you may want to buy a set of CnC'd drivers.
I didn't want any problems with ratcheting so I did some research on this site and found that http://www.avid-products.com/ makes awesome Drivers.
Thanks to Srxspec who led me to these.
IMG_2782.jpg

IMG_3623.jpg

Yes the front protectors had to be removed. 9 Tooth, 2.52 pitch, 1.0625 axle. Now the track can be ran loose and less wear on slides. ;)!

Sled is home in Garage. Time for some simple goodies.
First mod for sled is a simple one. New white skid plate.
IMG_2926.jpg

Planning to install A-arm protectors when I can find a set. I hear http://www.muffinworksltd.com/ are fabricating some for us Nytro people. They currently make white ones for the Apex and Phazer.

Well, here she is. More mods to come.
IMG_2852-1.jpg

IMG_2860.jpg

Nice sled! The black, white, and blue Slydog open bogies would look bad #*$&@, with that color combo. You would see it more on the 09 also, then the 08's. With the new tapered tunnel and all. Good luck on the future projects ;)!

Quality

The sled looks great! I also like the white skid plate. I was thinking of going black but the white really looks good.

Re: Quality

switch said:
The sled looks great! I also like the white skid plate. I was thinking of going black but the white really looks good.

I was actually thinkin blue, but I keep reading that the blue windshield, A-arms, and cowl are all different blues and I didn't want to risk adding a 4th blue to the mix.

I don't know why it's gotta be like that? HAAAA My stomach still hurts from laughing Friday night! I love talking about previous years sledding stories. Back to the topic here's a few pics before and after.

Attachments

• S.E. Front Before_2.jpg
    S.E. Front Before_2.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 636
  • S.E. Front Before.jpg
    S.E. Front Before.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 722
  • S.E. Side View Before.jpg
    S.E. Side View Before.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 617
  • S.E. Front Shock Before.jpg
    S.E. Front Shock Before.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 527
After!!!

Attachments

• S.E. Front Shock After.jpg
    S.E. Front Shock After.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 652
  • S.E. Seat Pos. After.jpg
    S.E. Seat Pos. After.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 538
  • S.E. Side After.jpg
    S.E. Side After.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 684
  • S.E. Side After_2.jpg
    S.E. Side After_2.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 543
Great thread and pics! I didn't realize you were a fellow Nl'er until I saw your first pic in front of Atlantic Recreation, then I had to look at your location, haha.

I love the look of the SE, so much so that I had planned on going with the blue windshield and white handguards on my XTX, however I have since decided to go with the white/black XTX. Now I just need to get it home so I can start making it my own. Looking forward to this thread, I will be following it closely.

More simple mods:
It's a must to carry a spare belt on your sled so why not pick up a
cheap belt clip? They are that cheap, my dealer gave me one
when I asked if they had some in stock.
Not sure if two clips would work so I went with one.

IMG_2902.jpg

All you have to do is find a spot on the clutch cover(basically in the middle) to install it and mark the holes to drill with a marker. Remove the cover and drill two 3/16 holes and go ahead and Rivet on the clip.
There, nice and neat. Should already be there but this thread is to improve not complain.

IMG_2904.jpg

I gotta have a mountain bar on my sled. Bought one from Royal for
my VMAX 700, worked well. This time around I went with this style. I wanted the one on the mountain Nytros but the bracket is welded on the handle bars so... Very easy install.
Look it even has some billet on it, LOL.
IMG_2931.jpg

I guess this is the best place for the plate? I hate sticking it on though.
I might even put some Plexi glass over it so my boots don't tear it.
I think clear plexiglass is available from 1/8" to 1/4". I will post a pic
if I decide to do it.
IMG_2934.jpg

Great little bag for storage is the Windshield bag. I thought I might even get a small bottle of water in it but not a chance. LOL Only good for small things.
But, great little addition from Yamaha for the front anyway.
IMG_2935.jpg

Thats it for now.

Back