• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nypex Pics from SkiDawg

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
I stopped over at Skidawgs place a few weeks ago and snapped these pics of a Nypex. Hard to believe that you can actually get an Apex Motor stuffed into that Nytro chassis and then boost it!

IMG_1143.JPG
IMG_1144.JPG
IMG_1145.JPG
IMG_1146.JPG
IMG_1147.JPG
IMG_1148.JPG
IMG_1149.JPG

Nice work! I know my boosted nytro is fun but a boosted nypex has got to be stupid fun. I could get really stuck then!

there is one for sale in anchorage craigslist right now for 6500

Dont mean to be negative here, cuz it looks like a lot of time and expertise went into this.

But whats the point? Once you build a Nytro motor and boost it, gonna have pretty much the same power output as a turbo apex motor. Still a crazy looking sled tho.

Big Phil An apex will make way more power and more torque at 15lbs vs a nytro at 15lbs.

Not much more. You cant really run 15psi on pump gas anyways.(maybe with a standalone) 14psi if you have good no eth 93 octane, but for 91 12.5 psi is the safe level.

Like I said, Im not knocking it, its a crazy cool looking machine, and anything you modify will never worth the time and money put into it in the end. I bug my brother about it all the time, he has an MCX apex and has probably double into it than what its worth. But even at 12.5 psi its absolutely insane.

Back