1. PLEASE READ: If you have problems logging in with your old password, click the Forgot Password link in the log in screen to get an email verification to request a new password or click Here. If you haven't received a new password from the forum please email your username and password to webmaster@totallyamaha.com. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  2. All hotmail, msn, outlook, live email accounts are not receiving email notifications. The only way to remedy this is to add @totallyamaha.com to your safe senders list in order to receive notifications.

Nytro Battery

Discussion in 'FX Nytro General Talk' started by boritzer1234, Oct 13, 2011.

1. boritzer1234

boritzer1234 Pro

Where is the best place to get a replacement batter for a 2008 FX Nytro? Mine constantly needs charging even last winter when I rode it a lot and let it sit for a week it would be dead.

3. basic700

basic700 TY 4 Stroke Junkie

Do a search this spring there was a thread on a lightweight replacement battery and not that much more in price.

4. foe

foe Extreme

Shorai Lithium -Ion battery. It is supposed to be 7 pounds lighter than stock battery. Look them up shoraipower.com.

5. boritzer1234

boritzer1234 Pro

They dont have a battery listed for an 08. Would an 09 battery be the same thing? I'm assuming so...

6. foe

foe Extreme

Ya they are the same. In the write up it talks about the yuasa battery that is in the Nytro's.(YTX20HL-BS).
    There are two types. Standard(LFX24L3-BS12) and high performance(LFX27L3-BS12)
    They have a way more cold cranking amps then stock nytro battery.

7. boritzer1234

boritzer1234 Pro

I cant see myself spending that much on a battery. Is there a cheaper way? It doesn't get terribly cold here for long so i'm not concerned about not starting on those real cold days.

8. natedawgedog

natedawgedog VIP Member VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    09 Nytro XTX
    do a search on it, type in lightweight battery in the nytro general talk section, there are alot of posts on this subject.

9. 00-NUKE

00-NUKE Expert