1. PLEASE READ: If you have problems in logging with your old password, request a new one over Here. If you haven't received a new password from the forum please email your username and password to webmaster@totallyamaha.com. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  2. All hotmail, msn, outlook, live email accounts are not receiving email notifications. The only way to remedy this is to contact your email provider or to set up a secondary account (with gmail or similar) to receive notifications. If you don't have one of the above emails, you may need to add @totallyamaha.com to your safe senders list in order to receive notifications.

Nytro Battery

Discussion in 'FX Nytro General Talk' started by boritzer1234, Oct 13, 2011.

1. boritzer1234

boritzer1234 Newbie

Where is the best place to get a replacement batter for a 2008 FX Nytro? Mine constantly needs charging even last winter when I rode it a lot and let it sit for a week it would be dead.
  2. basic700

basic700 Newbie

Do a search this spring there was a thread on a lightweight replacement battery and not that much more in price.
  3. foe

foe Newbie

Shorai Lithium -Ion battery. It is supposed to be 7 pounds lighter than stock battery. Look them up shoraipower.com.
  4. boritzer1234

boritzer1234 Newbie

They dont have a battery listed for an 08. Would an 09 battery be the same thing? I'm assuming so...
  5. foe

foe Newbie

Ya they are the same. In the write up it talks about the yuasa battery that is in the Nytro's.(YTX20HL-BS).
    There are two types. Standard(LFX24L3-BS12) and high performance(LFX27L3-BS12)
    They have a way more cold cranking amps then stock nytro battery.
  6. boritzer1234

boritzer1234 Newbie

I cant see myself spending that much on a battery. Is there a cheaper way? It doesn't get terribly cold here for long so i'm not concerned about not starting on those real cold days.
  7. natedawgedog

natedawgedog Paying Member VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    09 Nytro XTX
    do a search on it, type in lightweight battery in the nytro general talk section, there are alot of posts on this subject.
  8. 00-NUKE

00-NUKE Newbie