• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro chaincase missing parts

For the parking brake to wear into the rotor, it almost sounds as if the sled was ridden with the parking break set and now due to that unexpected wear caused by it, it is preventing the parking brake from being properly adjusted. Is there a place similar to Barn of Part in CA that you can source good used replacement parts?

For the parking brake to wear into the rotor, it almost sounds as if the sled was ridden with the parking break set and now due to that unexpected wear caused by it, it is preventing the parking brake from being properly adjusted. Is there a place similar to Barn of Part in CA that you can source good used replacement parts?
Sorry missed your post while browsing before. I’m assuming that’s a big part of the problem. One thing I’ve wondered about too and was actually just about to make another post about is the routing of the parking brake cable. I have a oft steering relocate on it and it runs overtop of the steering shaft. When turning one direction it pulls tight on the cable. Wondering if it shouldn’t be routed underneath the steering shaft. It has about a 4” riser on it as well. Contemplating taking it off this winter. (Assuming it will snow again) waiting on parts to finish up the front end rebuild. Ordered 3 weeks ago from Yamaha and they still haven’t shown up. Dealer said they couldn’t get trucks to pick up freight at the warehouse. Not sure if that’s a excuse or truth but regardless I’m stuck waiting.

Attachments

• A4EC0FD7-2384-418C-A25C-0BDCEF133494.jpeg
    A4EC0FD7-2384-418C-A25C-0BDCEF133494.jpeg
    433.7 KB · Views: 21
I have the PDF instruction manual for the OFT Steering Relocate and although it does explicitly mention the throttle cable, it does not mention the brake cable. But like you pointed out, the riser could be binding the brake cable enough to partially engage the parking brake.

OFT.JPG

I have the PDF instruction manual for the OFT Steering Relocate and although it does explicitly mention the throttle cable, it does not mention the brake cable. But like you pointed out, the riser could be binding the brake cable enough to partially engage the parking brake.

View attachment 174672
Once I start getting things back together again I may take another stab at it and or remove the riser so there’s lots of free play. Must admit I’m getting a little tired of the project in some ways as things haven’t gone as smoothly as I’d hoped. Seems to be a waiting game for parts.

Back