• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro cold start/starts on 2 cylinders

problem not solved. it does seem better but still not right on cold starts. it starts as soon as i turn the key, then quits, then i crank and it starts but kinda on 2 cylinders and then pops and picks up the 3rd and then runs perfect. the entire time i ride it, it seems to run perfect but just acts up when the engine is cold. it starts perfect when it is warmed up. i think i need a new battery soon because it turns over slow when it is cold. i think if it was a plug going bad it would keep gettting worse and it does seem to be better than it was.

Thanks for the update. Mine is the same and I'm also wondering if it's the battery. Maybe enough juice to turn over but not fire all 3 plugs? Once running the 3 cyl picks up?

Once it's running I get a few pops out of the exhaust and then it picks up the third. I don't think its the battery, I just think I am going to need a new one soon. Don't really know what to think. I am not very good with this kind of stuff and service departments at our local dealers are terrible. Not sure what to do

I would defiantly start with a battery, they are semi cheap. Mine did the same thing when my battery was getting bad. I've have other electrical issues thats why its on the chopping block tomorrow. Just dont know if i want a sled payment again lol

may have to bite the bullet and get a battery. i don't ride much so i was hoping to get this season out of it and get one next fall. oh well. gotta start somwhere

Many times with a bad battery a sled will turn over but not have enough juice to fire plugs and actually start. This happens in my apex. Just wondering if that's the issue. Maybe one plug isn't firing right away. I might try swapping batteries with my apex to see if that fixes it.

I never had a chance to try another battery but seems to be starting better lately for some reason.

If you guys are moving your sleds around the yard without warming them up to full temp you may be fouling your plugs. Cheap to try new ones. And a little sea foam in the gas to dry it out cant hurt.

I never move it until it's warmed up or touch the throttle. I picked up some spark plugs so I am going to start there. Been so cold here that I haven't been riding at all. Been the last thing on my mind lately. It is frustrating cuz it runs perfect once its warmed up

changed the plugs today and took it for ride. still doesn't start right when the engine is cold. once it is warmed up, it runs perfect. i have noticed that it blows out black/brown smoke when i really get on the throttle until its fully warmed up. so plugs didn't fix the problem

Back