• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Exhaust

cw xtx 1.75

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Yamaha Nytro xtx 1.75
Brand new member hear ! I bought my first Yamaha and my first 4 stroke . I have a new left over 2013 Nytro xtx 1.75 . I swapped out the stock tuners with Simmons gen 1 . I ordered a Lake effect 2.5 pivot riser and base . Gonna try this first before OFT . My real question is exhaust, looking at a Hauck Husher slip on or Schmidt Brothers single slip on . Opionions ? Also should i brake the sled in first before putting on a pipe ? Open to all opionions and suggestions . I have been a Polaris rider all my life so this is a huge change for me , cant wait for snow !!!

Ride the first day like the last day. Those pipes are good but to get the full power out of a pipe you need a tuner

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

I have a barker on my 09 xtx and needed a Power Commander for tuning low end. Using MTX skis and they great.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

For suggestions on an exhaust, it would help if you filled us in on the reason you want an exhaust pipe. We can then better help you with recommendations ...... hp? weight? sound?

Only reason I bring it up is because you will get different responses and opinions. I myself ran the Skinz Ultra Q on my FX Nytro. I didn't do it for hp or weight reasons. I simply did it for sound .... I and everyone I rode with thought it sounded great and wasn't obnoxiously loud, which is important for a primarily trail sled. But with that exhaust you aren't getting much for a hp or weight improvement ... maybe a little, but not much. Other pipes/exhaust will excel in other areas.

I want a better sound and really like the looks of both mentioned pipes installed . Dont want anything real loud but like a aftermarket sound . HP gains or weight saving would just be a bonus . As of right now dont have any other performance mods planned , maybe some clutching down the road a bit .

I've had the Schmidt Brothers Nytro dual exhaust for 5 years now. I absolutely love the sound of this exhaust. It sounds so cool and will make you one happy snowmobiler every time you turn the key. I am very comfortable with its price. I have "never" experienced any hesitations with this exhaust either. Also, you do "not" need to add any map, tuner, or fuel programmer. Simply turn the key and go. One other important factor about this slip-on is that it is "not" a loud exhaust. No one has ever complained that it is loud. You also get great customer service and a very good quality product from Schmidt Brothers.

I have ultra-Q. Sounds great.Unfortunately it cracked end to end after only 2 seasons . Just it sent it back for them to inspect. Hopefully will be replaced on warranty.

I have ultra-Q. Sounds great.Unfortunately it cracked end to end after only 2 seasons . Just it sent it back for them to inspect. Hopefully will be replaced on warranty.
Let me know if it gets warrantied ? I have heard of others having this problem with Skinz cans . Anyone run MBRP ?

I would not use the Hauck unit. Had two cores on two separate silencers go out on me. The welds broke, and the internal pipe floats around. Also sounds like a pack of bees compared to some of the others. Just my .02

I have a Hauck slip on but I was worried about getting a ticket so I put the stock silencer back on Hauck pipe just sits on shelf now. Added noticeable power and sounds good if u like loud. It did have a little hickup on bottom but fuel controller would solve that:yam:

Hmmm ... Maybe i will look more towards the Schmidt Bros . single can then . Do you guys think i should break it in first or put it on now with zero miles on the sled ?

I put mine on at 0 miles and did not have any issues

New ultra-Q on its way. Can't say enough about their customer service. Great to work with. Hopefully this one will last!

I have the Schmidt Bros exhaust with 23,000 miles on it and it is still in excellent shape. You pay more for their exhaust but quality wise they are worth it.

Back