• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nytro flotation plate??

float plate

Here is my 09 SE with the float plate installed on my stock bumper. Fits just fine, you do not need to buy the sport bumper.
This plate has a tendency to pick up snow in deep snow conditions. It's fine for trail riding, but in my opinion the standard Yamaha plate is great for all conditions. I did not cut the gaps that is suggested on the float plate instructions. This would only gather more snow in my opinion.
One thing I did do also when mounting the float plate. I drilled holes and wired it up tight to the sub frame. This works well in keeping the ice from getting in-between gaps and widening them.

Attachments

• 09 practice sled with Ohlins on.jpg
    09 practice sled with Ohlins on.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 09 se front view 2.JPG
    09 se front view 2.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 78
Thanks for the pics and info, I am thinking of adding the floatation plate and am glad I don't need to spend the $$ on the front extended grab bar. Anyway on to my question, do you have to drill holes in the bulk head to install the float plate or does it use existing holes?

Back