• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nytro for wife?

jminor1

Expert
Wife wants to get into snowmobiling more and instead of riding my turbo cat wants her own.. She is a newbie and goes slow which is fine by me. What do you guys think of a nytro for her? I would do the oft relocate and some skis, either curve or split rail.. Think its a good machine or too much?

Just got my Wife an '09 XTX with goodies, coming off a '10 A/C Z1 turbo that was too much weight & steering to throw around.
She loved my RTX, got the aggressive riding style like on her Ninja.

I'd let her ride one the way it is before sinking $$$ into only to find out it's not right for her.
Any woman riding is good in my book, :)

I have a 09 Phazer for sale it would be great for her it is about 95 hp with all the mods done get on and ride ......I had a Nytro and the Phazer is a lot easer to ride it runs about 95 mph

I would definitely want different skis to make the steering effort less. Depending on her height I research the oft relocate. It really raises the bars a good 2". I am 5'11' and it was a great addition for me. If she is like 5'4" - it may not be so cool.
My last comment is, if she is small-framed female the Nytro may be too much. I hastily put my wife on a Vector a few years ago and the sled drove her, she didnt drive the sled. I would have been way further ahead to have put her on a Phazer (btw - she liked how the Vector drove vs a phazer so its not entirely my fault)
It really depends if she has that desire to ride, and get into it. Do you think she would be a bit competitive and agressive or a timid passive rider. If its the latter I would be cautious about the Nytro.
Hope that helps
MS

She will be more the timid type to be honest. I'm not completely sold on a phazer to be honest, I tried just can't do it..

Do you ride a nytro? I only ask because I'm not sure if you know how it handles. I don't really feel that it is the best sled for a newbie because I personally don't feel like it handles well when you are riding it easy. This machine is a awesome when you are pushing it to its limits and riding it like you stole it! Seriously, it does handle way better the more you push it. Plus with all the instant power she could get into trouble quick.
If I was in your shoes I would start her off on a Phazer and let her confidence and skills build up until she tells you she needs more HP! Build up her talent instead of scaring her off with too much power. As long as she learns to use a lot of body English, then she will have no problems keeping up on the trail.
This is also my plan for bringing my son into the sport in a couple more years.

I know what you mean about the Phazer. It was less than impressive when I tested it but it isn't as intimidating as a Nytro for a small framed person. My wife liked the riding position of the Vector vs the Phazer. But the Vector was a 'bear' of a sled for her. It was just too heavy for someone that didn't know how to make its power work for you. I fear the Nytro may present the same problem.
To this day I would have liked to seen if she would have warmed up to a Phazer or not.
MS

She sat on a phazer and didn't like the narrow seat. She's not a big girl but rode my z1 turbo and liked it..

I would lean towards a vector over a nytro. Vector's are a much more forgiving and stable sled compared to the nytro.

My friends have 2 Apexes (1 with EPS), a Venture 2 up and a Nytro and the only sled his mom will ride is the Nytro, not because the Apex has too much speed but because she likes the way the Nytro sits up higher. She has been riding now for a few years and gets more comfortable with more seat time. as long as she keeps it easy on the throttle early I think a Nytro would be a good sled to grow into.

The Nytro is lighter than the Vector but the Vector does come with power steering which for some may sway their decision. I like both sleds but I wouldn't be afraid to put a women on a Nytro. The Nytro likes to be pushed but it is possible to set it up for a less aggressive rider. I'm also a fan of the Curves on a Nytro but as long as she's not an aggressive rider a ski like the Pilots or Tuners might be a better choice because they tend to provide lighter steering. When I went to the Viper last season my wife made the choice to give up her Vector for my old Nytro. She likes the fact that when the trails get rough it rides much better and that she can go from sitting to standing when necessary much easier than on a Vector. I had to make some suspension changes to fit her less aggressive style of riding but overall it fits her well. No matter what you decide on as long as it's setup properly for her she'll do fine.

She sat on a phazer and didn't like the narrow seat. She's not a big girl but rode my z1 turbo and liked it..
im thinking skidoo for my girl nytro is alot of steering effort even for me, but granted im prolly only
190lb with gear i gotta huck my body for most turns in pow.

Back