• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nytro for wife?

My wife hated her Nytro. Hated her Phazer. Loves her Vector LTX with power steering.

My wife hated her '11 Phazer. She never felt secure on it, said it was "tippy". I bought a Nytro XTX for myself and I couldn't get it back from her. She loved it! Properly set up, I think the XTX would be a good balanced sled for your wife. Of the 6 Yamaha sleds she called " hers" the XTX was her favorite. Until I got her a Viper.

Wifey rides am 011 Switchback Polaris 600. Loves it, Hates mine. She does a lot of riding but not aggressive. She has over 7000 miles on it. No troubles other than wear items.

Not to add to the confussion but here is what I have seen. When I had a non-boosted Nytro, my daughter (late 20's at the time) would prefer the Nytro over my Apexs. She really enjoyed it. She is almost 6' and is a non-aggressive rider and handled it fine.
A set of tuner ski's would help lighten up the steering and the relocate kit also helps alot.

Now I'm thinking I should just buy one for myself and put a stage one turbo on it! Off original topic will that kill fuel mileage and can I still use a tour buddy

It doesn't hurt it as much as you think, if you don't get crazy with it.
My S/C Nytro will only be about 1 MPG less than my Apexs. When trail riding it and as I said not getting to crazy on the throttle.And the fun factor is way better!!;)!

Listen to Grizz. Setup is key and it needs to be setup for her and not you. Lower the front and then adjust the skid and the straps until the springs are soft and the steering effort is right. This should take the "aggression" out of the Nytro. I've only ridden XTXs but I would think a RTX, possibly with the STAR 128 kit, would be better suited for someone under 150 lbs.

my wife has rode a 04/05 Polaris 600 classis w/ m10 for years. she wanted to try my nytro xtx out on a trip north last year and I lost my sled the rest of the weekend. At 125lbs and 5'2" she looks like a little kid with the taller bars/oft relocate but she loves that the steering is at shoulder height, doesn't smell like 2 smoke, and the way its setup good cornering w/ minimal roll. She doesn't lean in the turns either. Plus she doesn't go hard on the throttle like me so she got like 17mpgs on one tank that was mostly cruising. It has a trail tank but honestly at that mpg wouldn't be needed.

Maybe find a 09 121 nytro. stud it, improve the ski/steering and valve the shocks for her body weight.

By chance what is your total budget? Maybe help us guide you better.

I currently ride a 2009 RTX and picked up a 09 RTX SE last year thinking my wife would take over RTX...needless to say she loves the SE (she's 4'11" and 100lbs) and I am still riding the RTX :( . She's ridden the vector with power steering and thought it was nice but she could handle the Nytro better - especially sitting to standing.

Some days we will do 100-150miles should I at this point rule the phazer out? I'm too leery that it will be uncomfortable and require too much rider input for her vs the nytro

The Phazer is a very active ride to make it work.
IMO, you can set up a Nytro to be a very passive ride and zip along on the trails quite effortlessly. If you want to be aggressive, go for it, and the sled loves it.
When I have ridden a Phazer is not a passive ride, its all in, or all out.
MS

Why don't you give it a little time and wait for snow so she can demo a few sleds??

Back