• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro FX 120in will a 137in track fit using 136 rail ext?

terez

Expert
I have a 2013 FX 120in sled.

I want to use MW 136 tipped rail extensions ...will a 137in track work?...will there be enough track tensioner to work with the 137?

one way to find out! your 2014 FX nytro is a 121 btw. Only skidoo went with 120" tracks I believe.

If the rail extensions don't have enough adjustment might just need a vertical axle offset and a larger rear wheel.

one way to find out! your 2014 FX nytro is a 121 btw. Only skidoo went with 120" tracks I believe.

If the rail extensions don't have enough adjustment might just need a vertical axle offset and a larger rear wheel.

Nope....Nytro went to 120 with 2.86p and extroverts in 2013....they wewre 121 2.52p non extroverts till 2012

Sorry to disagree, but the only track in history to be a 120 that I know if is the rev. The nytro has always been a 121-144-152-163 configurations. There were lots to extend to 136 or relocate to a 128 by moving skid back 4". Either way there was never ever a 120" nytro

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    102.1 KB · Views: 191
Terez is correct they changed to 2.86 drivers which drives a 120" track.
although I dont know of anyone using a 136" extension with a 137" track I would think you can make the difference up with the adjuster. I dont think the skid changed dimensions. Hopefully someone will have a definite answer for you.;)!

I just noticed you are thinking about using tipped upped rails. I have OFT 136 tipped rails and found it balanced the sleds weight better even on the trail. I do about 70% off trail riding. With the tipped rail you can use a bigger set of rear axle wheels if the adjuster does not give you enough. One thing to consider.

Last edited:
checked cpl places and only saw 120" track listed in 1, but I'll give that to you assuming they are to lazy to update info. Also by this logic the 136 extensions would be to short to even run a 136" track let alone a 137 so the question becomes ridiculous. When star (and Yamaha race team) relocates skid they move skid back 4" and it goes from 121-128", for rough math it's roughly every 2" of track rear axle needs to move 1" back

I run a 129" 1.6 ice cobra track with 2.86 pitch, just had to do a driver swap.. so feasibly I could buy the rail extensions to go to a 136" and put on a 137" track..Not that im going to, but it should work with my set up..

My info is from a Snowtech magazine(Jan/Feb 2012 issue) and www.yamaha-motor.ca
If it is the same skid as earliar versions and the same mounting points as my 2009, which is quite possible.
Then you only have the difference of 136" to 137" track. That is only about a 1/2" the track adjuster has to make up.
You can also use bigger rear axle wheels if the extension is tipped up.
Also the 2.86 drivers are bigger than 2.52 pitch.
(2.86 drivers are 8 tooth vs. 2.52 drivers being 9 tooth) so diameter is just slightly bigger on the 2.86 drivers.

There is a member on here that has his sled extended to 144" with a 136" tipped extension and a star suspension relocate kit( set back 3.5") and a set of
bigger wheels. Forget the size that he used. I forget the username right now.

Terez,
Also why not check with Muffin Works, they may be able to custom make your extensions a little longer if you ask them.
:)

Last edited:
Following GrizzTracks lead, I moved the skidframe back with a Star relocate kit. Then a Tracks USA 4" rail extension and 136 RipsawII track went in. My 08 RTX now rides worlds better! A full Hygear "trail pro"suspension setup helps immensely,too! Simmons Skis and JRE Tail King spindles this summer !

Back