• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro offseason a few ?s

1BADS8SS

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
NYTRO
rode my nytro for only 300 miles this year. All with not the greatest snow. Few questions

1. It seemed to have a hum to it, it seemed to be in the track? Would this have been caused from all the snow built up in there? Plan on checking all boogie/idler and driveshaft bearings just to be sure no growls just a hum

2. Only had 300 miles since the oil change and plugs is it worth doing them again?

3. Last this bearing in my chaincase cover "the upper outer" has s growl to it when spinning it should I change it?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 119

rode my nytro for only 300 miles this year. All with not the greatest snow. Few questions

1. It seemed to have a hum to it, it seemed to be in the track? Would this have been caused from all the snow built up in there? Plan on checking all boogie/idler and driveshaft bearings just to be sure no growls just a hum

2. Only had 300 miles since the oil change and plugs is it worth doing them again?

3. Last this bearing in my chaincase cover "the upper outer" has s growl to it when spinning it should I change it?

I would leave the oil and plugs, I would change that bearing and I would look at the lower jack shaft bearing as well.. that could be your hum and go thru the idler bearings.

Yes lower shaft known as drive shaft, bearing on clutch side where speedo gear is, some regrease it every year but I would just change it for peace of mind, that bearing takes the most beating of all the bearing in the drive line except for the idler bearing...

Last edited:

x2

I would leave the oil and plugs, I would change that bearing and I would look at the lower jack shaft bearing as well.. that could be your hum and go thru the idler bearings.

Definetly change driveshaft bearing. I changed mine at 4600 miles and it was a pain getting off. I cleaned the dhaft and put some antisieze on it prior to new bearing install.

Pete

I dunno if im just anal, but I hate break downs during the season. I would change every bearing if i were you. I just use the all balls kits, they are pretty cheap. Come with new seals for the chaincase too.

I change all my bearings every season usually, depending on the kms of course. At the very least you should be changing the driveshaft bearing where the speedo pickup is every season. Those seem to get the worst.

Plugs you shouldnt need to change for a long time. I would change the oil if it was my sled, but if you feel lazy will probably be fine.

The bearing I posted picture of in the case how do I press that in? also with the driveshaft bearing "speedo drive side" do I have to put another lock collar on there? Or can I use the existing collar with my new bearing

The bearing I posted picture of in the case how do I press that in? also with the driveshaft bearing "speedo drive side" do I have to put another lock collar on there? Or can I use the existing collar with my new bearing

Remove the c-clip with snap ring pliers and push it out with a press or pound it out with a bearing driver and hammer. If the locking collar is in good shape you can use the same one if thats the type on that side.

Back