• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro rear axle questions

i tried removing the rear axle off my 08 nytro tonight,
I got the nut off of the left side, but the right side will not loosen up, I tried putting the left side back on , and tighten it down, thinking that would let the right side loosen, still no go,
So how do I get the right side nut, or bolt off ?

Also are those rear idler wheel bearing re build able ?
I did get the left wheel off, no snap ring, they did not look like the bearing could be removed ?

One end has a nut, the other end is fixed to (part of) the axle. Think of it as one long bolt, and you're taking the nut off the end. To remove the axle, put the nut back on until you get it finger tight (to protect the threads for the next part here), with the wheel & spacer off on that side, then gently tap that end/nut it a bit to get the axle started moving out the other side (then take the nut off again once you've got enough to grab on to on the other end so you can pull the axle out). You'll have some washers, collars/spacers, adjusters, and wheels that all come off as you pull that axle out little by little, so take note of what goes where & in what order, etc. as you do it (take some pics with your phone before, and during extraction).

As far as the wheels go, on the '08 & '09 those wheels don't have replaceable bearings assuming they are the original ones that came with it. Not only are they not replaceable, you can't get at the seals to pull them off and clean/regrease them, so once they start getting bad, you're pretty much looking at just replacing them. They switched to a different wheel in '10 forward that is sort of spoked, and has replaceable bearings. I have that style on my 09, but I just service the bearings every year rather than replacing them (it's easier & cheaper to clean and regrease them than it is to replace the bearings, IMO).

Hope that helps with what you're seeing.

Make sure you unload the torsion spring(s) pressure.

Back