• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro sound question - Video Provided

Nytro-glycerin

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro XTX Black edition
Just wrapped up the first season with my Nytro XTX, and I love this thing. Put on 1500km's and enjoyed it all. Towards the end, I started to notice this sound while warming the sled up usually. Sled has 4500 km's and is Mint, stock and has had an easy life.

Wondering is this is exhaust donuts, or loose clamps, or just clutch rattle, or a loose heat shield or something. Im not in love with the whole choking off the exhaust to check the donuts technique, not how I deal with my machines.

Heres a video, tried my best to capture the sound.

Cheers!

At first it sounded like clutch rattle, but when you put the camera in the tunnel and it got louder, I would now put money on a loose exhaust clamp. IMO pick up some new exhaust donuts and change them out this summer.

If you take a look between the track and the tunnel with it idling (with the e-brake on). You will be able to see thru the cutouts that the headers come out of, and you will see the clamp(s) rolling around.

Does the sled still have the stock muffler? Seem rather loud! Maybe you have a cracked header.

Not quite sure where to look through to see the clamps, but Ill take a look at it tommorow and see if I can find this space to look in. The exhaust is stock, seems loud in the video but seems to be average when hearing in person. I will check the headers though.

Since I need to remove the gas tank and seat to access the clamps anyways, should I just change out the donuts anyways? Copper or stock donuts? Is their a process to removing the gas tank fuel lines, or just plug them? I know there is threads on the donut change but just those simple two questions and I should be set.

Thanks guys

Is it common to replace these clamps aswell?

I didn't replace my clamps but I did file them down a bit to allow a tighter clamping pressure. You'll see when you get them off. The fuel line comes off at the in-tank pump and doesn't leak out much gas at all. The worst part of the job for me was getting the header off. If I had to do it again I'd pull the flex pipes off to give enough room to push the header forward and off the mounting bracket. It's a big enough job that you'd be crazy not to put copper donuts in while you are there. Good luck!

Back