• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro subfame options

hearnoevil

Expert
My machine is an 08 subframe tweaked bad.. looking at a new one is over 700 bucks. What are my options here? Can it be straightened?

I know it's not gonna be perfect but the machine is 15 years old. I'm about to hook it on a telephone pole and put it innreverse till straight.
Any leads on a second hand one in Canada??

guys have straightened them and then added grizztrax gusset kit to it to beef it up.

you can absolutely straighten it. I think there is a how to in the FAQ section. once you do add the grizztrax gusset kit like maim suggested, it really works.

I straightened my 08' subframe with a 3' pry bar and welded in Grizztrax reinforcement kit. It came out awesome! G.B.

IMG_1365.jpg

Yes, easiest way to straighten the sub frame is with the sled complete and sitting on the floor, but with all the side panels removed. This way you can use the bolts that mount the subframe to the bulkhead as a fixed point on either side to take your measurements to the A arms. The actual dimensions are not as critical as having the dimension the same on the right and left side. Then I removed the sub frame and stripped it completely down so I could weld in Grizztracks 3 reinforcement plates. I also had to weld up the steering inner tie rods pivot flange on the subframe that was egged out. I then had the subframe powder coated so it looks killer and will last forever. GB

Grizz gussets do work. Also weld nuts onto the lower back a arm mounting points (closest to motor). to make it easy to get a arms on and off.

Back