• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Subframe Removal Procedure

Hey guys didnt mean to cuz a stir with my
Profile pic
I was having a hard time up loading one
That was the right size.
I like poor farmers profile pic so I copied it
Sorry about that
Hope there no hard feelings.
Good to see everyone looking out for each
Other even if it was me getting caught .
Hopefully with my new avatar I won't a fend anyone.

jason22 said:
Hey guys didnt mean to cuz a stir with my
Profile pic
I was having a hard time up loading one
That was the right size.
I like poor farmers profile pic so I copied it
Sorry about that
Hope there no hard feelings.
Good to see everyone looking out for each
Other even if it was me getting caught .
Hopefully with my new avatar I won't a fend anyone.

Maybe add your location in your Profile.. that would help some too. :Rockon:

Yes I just added my location. I was wondering
About the time setting in my profile.
I am on eastern time so I set the time thing
To i think 10 hours GMT
Not sure how that part really works though.

No hard feelings here. Would get a little bit confusing with two people with the same pic. I dint know maybe I'm the only one that goes by profile pics more then user names. If you need help resizing a pic of your own just ask, lots of friendly helpful people here. It's not the best idea to take someone else's pic and use it as your own. In this day and age there's so many scammers and spammers out there you never know what to expect of people anymore.

Thanks much appreciated. Will keep that in mind
Is there any threads on weight loss for the nytro to bring down
It's wieght? I'm not concerned about riding wieght but
DEAD weight buried in a snow bank wieght trying
To get it out weight.?
Thank you

Is there someone in western Canada that reinforces the front frame?I'm in the NWT.

Instead of using a jack and jack stands. Anyone recommend a good stand that I can buy for my xtx? This is my second frame I have to replace.

Is there someone in western Canada that reinforces the front frame?I'm in the NWT.

Yes there is guy here in Kelowna BC that does a nice job welding up grizztracks kit. He identified and fixed several other joint cracks that I would have missef

Hey folks, new to the forum. I've smacked up my 2010 nytro pretty good. I've been doing some research (this is a great site with tons of info I just read slow AF) but could someone direct me towards a thread if it exists, detailing what changed specifically on the subframes year to year? Thanks

Welcome! If you haven't already enter a search in the main Nytro section for "Sub Frames". You should a ton of threads on this. You can also search under TY member grizztracks. Gizz also makes a weld in sub frame reinforcement kit for 08' and up Nytro's because of his issues with weak early sub frames. I did a quick search and found this thread which mentioned 2010 and up sub frames as the most stout. G.B.

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/2009-yamaha-nytro-subframe.80543/page-4#post-712929

Welcome! If you haven't already enter a search in the main Nytro section for "Sub Frames". You should a ton of threads on this. You can also search under TY member grizztracks. Gizz also makes a weld in sub frame reinforcement kit for 08' and up Nytro's because of his issues with weak early sub frames. I did a quick search and found this thread which mentioned 2010 and up sub frames as the most stout. G.B.

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/2009-yamaha-nytro-subframe.80543/page-4#post-712929

Thanks Gone Blue

2008 was the first year of the Nytro and the frame had some definite issues. In 2009 Yamaha came out with an update that added two gussets to the lower frame. The gussets did not correct the issue so in 2010 Yamaha updated the frame again and replaced the 2009 gussets with gussets made out of stronger metal. There was another update to the frame in 2012 but no one was ever able to figure out what was actually changed. Maybe an upgrade to the gusset material again.

I bent the first three version of the frame and finally decided to design and install my own chromoly gussets. Even with Yamaha's revisions to the subframe they still are weak and prone to bending. It's to bad they never fully corrected this issue.

2008 was the first year of the Nytro and the frame had some definite issues. In 2009 Yamaha came out with an update that added two gussets to the lower frame. The gussets did not correct the issue so in 2010 Yamaha updated the frame again and replaced the 2009 gussets with gussets made out of stronger metal. There was another update to the frame in 2012 but no one was ever able to figure out what was actually changed. Maybe an upgrade to the gusset material again.

I bent the first three version of the frame and finally decided to design and install my own chromoly gussets. Even with Yamaha's revisions to the subframe they still are weak and prone to bending. It's to bad they never fully corrected this issue.

Grizztracks,

Thank you. I've been reading that in bits and pieces so far, but having it all on one page and straightforward has been extremely helpful!

Back