• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nytro tunnel protector removal

Will I notice anything different after being installed?

Oh ok Ya that sucks.

Who has the best price on these as I would like to purchase a set soon. Got trail tank on way and would like to do it all at the same time if possible. Doing cr10ek plugs at same time also. Thanks

I put on copper donuts from sled toyz this fall. Fit was very good.
Thanks, just ordered trail tank and 128" star suspension kit and will be sending centre and rear shock to Star for revalving , how did your tank retro go and what are your thoughts about the suspension upgrade. Cheers !

Thanks, just ordered trail tank and 128" star suspension kit and will be sending centre and rear shock to Star for revalving , how did your tank retro go and what are your thoughts about the suspension upgrade. Cheers !

My tt went in smooth as butter. To get panels to fit, I moved it more forward, the rear bolt holes are slotted giving room to adjust. This is really only needed for panel fitment, at least in my opinion. I needed to purchase on additional dzus fastener that was longer than the stock one, Seth gives you two with the tank that are plenty long. I have an XTX and really liked the star kit. He did my shock too. Robert was great to work with and was willing to help me set it up and make adjustments after I had it installed. Enjoy!

Mine should be in the mail any day. Been waiting for black to come into stock.

Just picked up a 09 Nytro xtx so this machine is new to me. I would like to remove the tunnel protectors to avoid some of the icing issues that I have been reading about. My question is, do I have to remove the heat exchanger protectors and the tunnels protectors? Or can I leave the heat exchanger protectors on? I would rather not touch the heat exchanger if I don't have to. Thanks. Great site!!!

I was reading another thread about the 1.75" back country track. I know you have to remove the tunnel protectors for this track but haw about the ones on the heat exchanger?

Nasty:

As everybody said, the copper donuts are the way to go.

There is a small tab on the exhaust clamps (that hold the donuts) which prevents the stock fiber donuts from being squeezed too much. I would grind off a millimeter or so to ensure you are getting good clamping on the copper donuts. I've done this mod on my old 09 xtx (with copper) and my 11 mtx (with stock) and knock on wood, haven't had a problem with either sled since

Regardless of what you use, keep an eye on the donuts/heat shield at least every 2nd year. With the trail tank, there is no room between the upper heat shield and the tank. On the stock tank, they left an inch or so air gap, but to gain volume, the eliminated that space on the trail tank. You don't want 1000 deg F exhaust gas blasting toward your trail (fuel) tank!

OTM

Back