• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro xtx 2012 help! skis

Lindberg

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Nytro Xtx 2012
About to give up on this super darting machine, tried almost everything.
Shimmed The rear rubber tried toeout 0 to 1" original skegs, springs loose front, Hard center.
Bought tuner ski but it need other rubberstops and stuff more money (Bolt on my #*$&@) maby return them and put the money on a different sled, love everything but not the darting /steering issue takes all the fun out of it.

Help me love my nytro

Was in the same boat with mine, installed JRE spindles and skid kit, now plan on keeping it forever. I'm using stock ski's, did upgrade my front shocks.

Loosen your center shock so it has only 5mm preload. front ski shocks the same. The tuners shouldn't require a different rubber. Mine is a 2012 XTX and I have the tuners with the rubber from the stock ski in them. Set your toe out at 1/4-3/8" out. The tuners have an issue in loose snow they will push thru the corners on hard pack they should track straight. I run 6" carbide on inner and a 0 on the outer

Don't give up on the tuners. They came stock on my 2013 And I couldn't be happier. I have had no darting issues. I have never been able to run so fast in the trails on anything. It is true they push a little in the loose stuff, nothing is perfect all the time tho. Guys on this site really love the curve skis too.:sled2:

Love my 13XTX with tuners. Loosen adjusters on front shock coils until they are loose while front is jacked up then tighten 1 turn until all slack is out. Toe out set to 1/2 inch. Front of rear suspension tighten to max. (Yes tighten) it helps get the weight off the skis. Limiters loose in stock position. Rear suspension med. Transfer rods stock position. Mine turns great and easy with 6 inches carbide inside and 4 inches outside. No darting to speak of also.

Loosen your center shock so it has only 5mm preload. front ski shocks the same. The tuners shouldn't require a different rubber. Mine is a 2012 XTX and I have the tuners with the rubber from the stock ski in them. Set your toe out at 1/4-3/8" out. The tuners have an issue in loose snow they will push thru the corners on hard pack they should track straight. I run 6" carbide on inner and a 0 on the outer

How is that possible my rubber is 10.5cm and tunerski 8.5cm width?! The center case of the spindle is to long also so....maby the dealer gave me the wrong skis? Sma-8jhds-00
But have almost maxad out front skid suspension rear medium front loose

Dealer must have gave you the wrong ski,i put a set on mine they are the same width as stock, mine does not dart at all with the tuners.

Something is definitely wrong with the skiis he sold you, my 2011 Xtx swapped right over from the stock skiis to tuners. Took 10 mins, used the same rubber stoppers as stock. Set everything back to stock setting and install the tuners. You'll be fine

I think this is the ski your looking for 8JH-F3711-00-00

Pete

I would guess the skis the dealer sold you are the tuners for the Viper. I have a 2012 and run the same setup as fourload although I run Curve skis.

Was in the same boat with mine, installed JRE spindles and skid kit, now plan on keeping it forever. I'm using stock ski's, did upgrade my front shocks.
What exactly does the skid relocator kit does? Pics?

About to give up on this super darting machine, tried almost everything.
Shimmed The rear rubber tried toeout 0 to 1" original skegs, springs loose front, Hard center.
Bought tuner ski but it need other rubberstops and stuff more money (Bolt on my #*$&@) maby return them and put the money on a different sled, love everything but not the darting /steering issue takes all the fun out of it.

Help me love my nytro
Tuner ski! No more problems!!

stock skis, snowtrackers 0 toe-out. no darting and will carve corners amazing. I use the with mtx skis on my xtx and they work very well

Back