• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro XTX Gauge Install

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
I picked up a New Vector Style Gauge and added it to our 09 Nytro XTX. I picked up some Ram Parts from Lake Effect. I took the back of the gauge and drew up my own mount that Lake Effect machined and black anodized. As you can see I was off just a tad and had to grind some room near the plug for the boot.

Attachments

• xtxguage1 (5).JPG
    xtxguage1 (5).JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 905
  • xtxguage1 (4).JPG
    xtxguage1 (4).JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 841
  • xtxguage1 (3).JPG
    xtxguage1 (3).JPG
    46 KB · Views: 836
  • xtxguage1 (2).JPG
    xtxguage1 (2).JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 834
  • xtxguage1 (1).JPG
    xtxguage1 (1).JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 805
  • xtxguage1.JPG
    xtxguage1.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 767

Hey Tom, neat idea making it adjustable using the ram mount! Never would have thought of that. Sure like those gauges, instead of the Nytro's. Sounds silly, but I really miss the clock when driving the Nytro.

Agman 57 said:
Hey Tom, neat idea making it adjustable using the ram mount! Never would have thought of that. Sure like those gauges, instead of the Nytro's. Sounds silly, but I really miss the clock when driving the Nytro.

I know thats why I added the extra wire to the battery to have the clock work.

Any chance this would work on the Phazer?

bluesrxman said:
Is this a direct swap as fare as the wiring is concerned? Or do you need the wiring harness from a vector? It looks sweet and I would love to have the large tak again.

the wiring harnesses are the same, but there is one wire you need to add to your harness to make the clock work.

natedawgedog said:
bluesrxman said:
Is this a direct swap as fare as the wiring is concerned? Or do you need the wiring harness from a vector? It looks sweet and I would love to have the large tak again.

the wiring harnesses are the same, but there is one wire you need to add to your harness to make the clock work.

Correct :Rockon:

As far as the Phazer... I dont think it will work but I cannot validate that.

MrSled said:
natedawgedog said:
bluesrxman said:

man I want this gauge so bad... everytime I look at it on someone else's sled I just get envious!!! Ive been working the gears and Ive almost have my girlfriend convinced to buy me one of these for my xmas present... told her I dont want anything else right now... hopefully she falls for it!

natedawgedog said:
MrSled said:
natedawgedog said:
bluesrxman said:

man I want this gauge so bad... everytime I look at it on someone else's sled I just get envious!!! Ive been working the gears and Ive almost have my girlfriend convinced to buy me one of these for my xmas present... told her I dont want anything else right now... hopefully she falls for it!

Right... tell her its a Bday and Xmas present.... :Rockon:

natedawgedog said:
bluesrxman said:

Thanks for the reply natedawgedog. :Rockon:

wasnt someone on here thinking about offering a complete kit to do this...maybe ulmer? im thinking that i might be interested in one.

Back