• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro XTX Gauge Install

charger0926 said:
wasnt someone on here thinking about offering a complete kit to do this...maybe ulmer? im thinking that i might be interested in one.

I know Lake Effect can set you up the way I did mine... he has at least 4 more plates and mounts.

How much was the gauge? Did you buy it new or used?

Looks good! I need to do this and it will much easier to read on the trail also. Not sure what Yamaha was thinking with the Nytro guage!:die

One of theses days I'm going to pick up one of those gauges and I guess I'll have to get a hold of Chris for a mount.

Once you do this mod you'll wonder what took you so long. I had my stock gauge for 1 maybe 2 months & that was too much! LOL

Almost forgot also add a temp gauge while your at it.

Is there a part number for this gauge? I tryed to look it up but only got a break down for each individual component of it.

what years can it be removed from? i take it the miles on the vector one stay and just keep adding once connected to the nytro? want sure if the ecu had anything to do with it. does the vector gauge include temp sensor? this would make tuning my clutches for the correct rpm so much easier and looks nice too!

the apex uses the same cluster correct? some of them sure look the same.

what years can it be removed from? i take it the miles on the vector one stay and just keep adding once connected to the nytro? want sure if the ecu had anything to do with it. does the vector gauge include temp sensor? this would make tuning my clutches for the correct rpm so much easier and looks nice too!

the apex uses the same cluster correct? some of them sure look the same.

2009 Venture GT and 2010 Vector. It has to be the 1059 with "NO EPS". There were a couple years that will work. The mileage is stored in the gauge whatever miles are on the gauge will be your new start point. The ECU will only recognize the sleds that I mention and work properly with all diagnostics and so on. There is no temp gauge on these unit and the Apex Gauge is similar but will not work correctly.

sorry wasnt aware vector or venture came with a 1049 engine. thought nytro was the only yamaha engine 08+ over 1000cc.

from what im reading the 2010/2011 vector will work and 2009 venture gt.

Last edited:

Back