• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NYTRO XTX.... What to look for???

welterracer

TY 4 Stroke God
My buddy has a new 09 XTX.. (which he absolutely loves)

SO far he has added a 4th wheel kit, Bigger Gas tank, 6.9 Pilot skis and 200+ studs..

Is there anything that he should mod or look for on his sled to make sure its rock solid reliable??

IS the coolant too strong?? Does anyone have any issues with them overheating??

What do you need to do to get the hyfaxes to last longer??

Thanks

Brian

I just picked up a leftover 09. The coolant was at 90%, I diluted it to 50/50.
I also added tall windshield with side deflectors and the Yamaha heat grips.
I ordered the Hygear torsion spring spacer, it's on back order so will be a couple weeks.

I guess I will find out about the hyfaxes when I get to ride.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Yup, coolant strength is through the roof, it needs to be cut down to help cooling. I just finished installing the MTX cooler due to an overheating problem.

Same deal with the idlers being too small and sliders wearing out too quickly, larger 5 1/4" wheels help alleviate this.

Tell your buddy to install the Yamaheater for the hand grips, else he'll be ticked with the lack of heat.

Bought mine in late Febuary and still got over 800 miles on it. A lot of them were very marginal conditions, rock solid, icy trails and we took a trip across Munising bay to Grand Island that was pretty much all ice and no snow(Muni Bay). My hyfax are still ok. I think most people find that they wear quick to a point, and then dont wear much more for quiet a few miles.

I bent my cross shaft that the transfer rods mount to, but I slammed it through some pretty nasty, icy whoops. But might be something to watch.

Back