• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oft relocate install?

Ok thanks guys I think it's alright cause when I turn it stop to stop left to right I get no tom spiked now

well you truned up the iddle so you no longer can hear it in the rpm at iddle but it is still pulling on it so my point is when you remove that slack in the line by giving it some throttle and then turn it will again affect the rpm just be alert untill you know how it is going to act.

IMG_20150320_164147419.jpg

Is this where your throttle cables are run? your right when I turn the bars the
Rpms don't move but if I move the throttle cable around the rpms spike quit a bit how do I did this? Do I need a longer throttle cable with the oft?

You need to free up your cable so it's not hooking up on anything. I can move my cable all over the place with no change of rpm's at all. It's not safe to ride it until you sort that out. I have a 2 1/2" riser on mine and I still have slack. For some reason it looks like the cable is tight across the steering shaft cover.

Ya mine catches on all sorts of stuff and is pretty tight she turning the bars something isn't right when you do the oft all u do is move it from behind the steering post to inform of the steering post correct?

Did you say that you adjusted the cable tension? I don't believe this needed to be touched. Could it be that you made it too tight?

When I turn it it catches on the yamaha handle bar cover. But when I pull slack from down under the hood the rpms start to spike

There is no slack to be found under the hood, it's just a straight run to the throdle block. Try testing without the steering cover on. Twist the handle bars back and forth until you see where the cable is the happiest without binding. Make sure it's not binding where it goes into the dash. You should have lots of cable so don't force it in either direction.

IMG_20150320_204458806.jpg

It seems to be catching on the oem cover it appears to be fine with it off are there any other options it looks ugly with it off lol

I think you should take a good look at where the cable connects by the throdle bodies. I'm really wondering if it's seated properly. Tonight I grabbed mine and twisted it every way possible with zero change to my rpm's.

Really hmm with a good tug on mine the rpms spike and it would take off if I don't have the parking brake set.

Like I said check the cable end. I'm not sure off of the top of my head of how it's set up but that's not right for sure. I will be willing to bet that the cable should be held better down there.

I just took a quick look and seen how the cable casing has a screw end on it that if properly mounted will prevent this from happening. You are going to have to look there for a solution.

Back