• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oft relocate/riser?

WINDER1987

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Hey guys i tried Contacting oft but never got a reply does the oft relocate give u a small rise in your handlebars? How much? Can you still get a riser along with the relocate how much can I go before having to extend?

That setup will rise the height of the bars. I'm running it with a 2 1/2" lake effects riser with no problems on the cables. Get a WRP seat and you will have a comfortable setup.

ok thanks rooster ill def look into that setup. so guys seem to favor the arp seat over the skinz?

It lifts the bars too, I'd say almost 2 inches. Here is mine with the relocate vs my friends without. He has a shorter windshield but it gives you an idea. I cant turn his key by reaching under the bars (easily) and thats the only way i start mine now.
FB_IMG_1420141571091.jpg
IMG_20150101_144548871_HDR.jpg

OK I hear everyone talk about this,saying its a must have. i dont have an issue with my 2013 rtx steering. Is it just for taller guys or what? Why does everyone say its a must. Im 5'10'' and ride 95% trail. Please fill me in.

I have never seen the skinz seat in person, but I'm sure it too is high quality. I know the wrp gives 2" rise but I'm not sure of the skinz seat. If you are keeping the stock seat I found that the relocate puts the bars at a nice height for sitting, for standup I guess it would be a preference thing if you need a riser too.
OK I hear everyone talk about this,saying its a must have. i dont have an issue with my 2013 rtx steering. Is it just for taller guys or what? Why does everyone say its a must. Im 5'10'' and ride 95% trail. Please fill me in.
The relocate changes the steering to more of a push pull movement instead of having some up down motion in the steering. I was getting muscle cramps between my shoulderblades with the stock setup.

I didn't think I needed the relocate either, the last two seasons I rode my friends rtx stock and loved it, when I bought my own this year I did it because everyone says its a must. Now I can't go back to the stock bar setup even for a few miles. I stand 99% of the time and am 5'10" the only downside to the risers is if you always sit the bars will block the gauges.

Being a trail rider I'm sitting most of the time. Only stand when bumps are really bad. Or when I'm just sick of sitting. So is that who it's for? People who stand thru the deep stuff and ditch banging?

The OFT changes the angle of the steering column. Two things occur; (1) the bars are about 2" higher and (2) they are easier to turn since the steering column is more vertical. Also instead of the bars sweeping more like a steering wheel its more of a push pull.
I noticed the height increase makes it way easier to turn and was comfortable - my shoulders told me so. I am 5'11"
I found no problem sitting or standing with the relocate. It improved both riding positions.
MS

I am 6'5" and run the OFT w/ the Lake Effect pivot riser. I stand on trail or powder (though I also have the WRP seat). I love the setup. When rerouting the throttle cable as described there isn't any issue with stock cables. I ran a Schmidt Bros extended/braided brake line, but that was just for personal preference.

Going OFT riser this summer. I also have the lake effect riser but it just is not tall enough when I stand. I'm 6ft and I still find myself slightly bent over.

Going OFT riser this summer. I also have the lake effect riser but it just is not tall enough when I stand. I'm 6ft and I still find myself slightly bent over.

With the relocate and the pivot riser I never feel like I am hunched over or leaned forward, and I never sit. I don't even know why I haven't just removed the seat yet, except for the hot exhaust pipe thing.

The best part of the combo is that the pivot allowed me to adjust my bars a bit more than a standard block riser would've.

With the relocate and the pivot riser I never feel like I am hunched over or leaned forward, and I never sit. I don't even know why I haven't just removed the seat yet, except for the hot exhaust pipe thing.

The best part of the combo is that the pivot allowed me to adjust my bars a bit more than a standard block riser would've.
That is what I wanted to hear.

I'm just going to try the oft relocate and if it's not enough I will add a lake effect riser after.

Back