• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Leak

yamahinn03

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
12 Nytro XTX (mine)
06 Apex GT (wifes)
07 Phazer (#2 sons)
02 Viper (#1 Sons)
I have oil leaking from the bottom of the motor."oil pan" Has anyone else had this problem? How hard of a job to replace? Looks like sub frame needs to come off to get at it. 09 RTX. Not leaking bad but none the less it needs to be fixed. Probly in the fall.

Are you sure its the oil pan gasket? Sometimes when a filter is changed the gasket remains from the old filter and when a new filter is screwed on you get leaking. That"s what the dealer did to my machine with only 600 miles on it. I caught it and found the extra gasket(chewed them out). I do all my own maintenance now that its out of warranty (safer that way). Clean everything really good and see if you can see where its really leaking from. Might save you a lot of aggravation.

Pete

I cleaned it all up when I changed oil an filter, let it sit for 3 days an today I can see oil seeping from the right corner of the gasket. Not from the filter, I do all my own maint also.

Did you try and check torque on bolts of oil pan. Maybe something alittle loose.
If not its a pull and replace gasket.

Pete

i just got the same problem this winter and my friend too.
Mine was not leaking but water contaminate my engine oil.
Checked the oil pan bolt and 6 bolts was missing in the front. Separate the subframe(not very long, 8 bolts) installed new bolts with some blue lock tite.
No problem since 1000 km.

My friend nytro was leaking a lot of oil. after a checkup, 7 bolts missing in the front. The difference is that his gasket was busted. new gasket 10$ and new bolts.
no problem since 1000km too.

Tried tighten the ones I could reach, pretty tight in there but no help.

The ones I could get at were kinda loose

best way to ckeck them is by the steering rods boots.
Maybe some are missing in the front.
have a look on this asap because it's a big problem.

From what I could see it looked like they where all there but the few I could tighten were not very tight.

My Old Nytro did this. Most of the oil pan bolts were loose. It was overheated badly before I bought the sled, and i was told the oil pan bolts will loosen up if there is a bad overheat.

I dont know if thats what caused it for sure, but either way, I just tightened all the bolts and I never had a problem for the next 7000 kms or so.

Back