• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil leaking......help???

09xtxrider

Extreme
Okay well yesterday I was out carving and side hilling......finally. Anyway, I tipped the sled on the right side twice. Both times I imediately turned it off and got it up right within 5 seconds. Woke up this morning and found a few drips of oil where I back the sled into the garage. In a panic this morning I tear all the body pieces off, my skid plate and start looking for broken oil filter or something. The. I realize, "ohh wait, the rollover oil leak"

So my questions are....

Tip to the right side or left side to leak oil?
Where does the oil come out of?......I wanna make sure it leaked from being tipped over, and not having something broke.
Do I need to do anything because of this? Or can I just ride..... Already checked oil level, it's good.

Last thing, how do you adjust the brake light sensor. My light doesn't come on unless it's fully pressed?

Thanks guys!!

09xtxrider said:
Okay well yesterday I was out carving and side hilling......finally. Anyway, I tipped the sled on the right side twice. Both times I imediately turned it off and got it up right within 5 seconds. Woke up this morning and found a few drips of oil where I back the sled into the garage. In a panic this morning I tear all the body pieces off, my skid plate and start looking for broken oil filter or something. The. I realize, "ohh wait, the rollover oil leak"

So my questions are....

Tip to the right side or left side to leak oil?
Where does the oil come out of?......I wanna make sure it leaked from being tipped over, and not having something broke.
Do I need to do anything because of this? Or can I just ride..... Already checked oil level, it's good.

Last thing, how do you adjust the brake light sensor. My light doesn't come on unless it's fully pressed?

Thanks guys!!

Tipped to the left (clutch side) it will leak more then it does from the right. Depending on the angle of course!
The oil leaks out of the 5/8" hose at the top of the oil tank and will drain into the air box. From there it usually will drain out the small drain holes in the bottom of the air box, or under the right conditions can drain into the throttle bodies and get sucked into the motor.
Usually it will soak the air filter, (depends on how much leaked out) so its not a bad idea to pull the air filter and clean the oil out before the next ride ;)!

I'll have to take a look at mine today, but I think that the brake light switch is non-adustable. If I remember correctly it just has a pin that fits in a hole in the brake lever.

HTH
Bill

Okay thanks bill!
I'm going to clean/check filter as we speak. Thre wasn't much that leaked out, a few drops in the snow and then some on the skid plate.

The brake light problem is weird. My brake light was fine last year, my gf lightly rear ended me causing a few LEDs to break. So I replaced the light and now it only shows that I'm Breaking if it's pressed 85% of the way.

I know how to fix that!.......
Leave her at home next time!!

Back