• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ok, odd stud question????

As the title said, I have an odd stud question. I have the 2" challenger track on my sled and a box full of 1.75 studs. When mocked up they are within 1/8" of the tip of the little fingers on the track.

I was thinking that they might be worth throwing on just to help tracking on really icy trails.... I am not thinking about trying to get great hook up, just keeping it a little less squirrely (Spelling??) on iced up trails.

Do you guys think that the fingers fold over enough to let these grab enough to just keep me from sliding around when just cruising down the trail t get to the fun stuff? Or, not worth putting them on there?

Just looking for thoughts and discussion, or even actual experience in a similar situation.

Thanks

If I understand you correctly you are saying that the studs are 1/8" shorter than the lugs. If so I wouldn't go to the trouble installing them as I doubt that they will penetrate the ice enough or even at all. Just my $0.02

Yeah, kind of with you guys. On my other sleds I always shoot for about 3/16 above the lugs when studding the tracks. Was just thinking with the weak fingers they might bite enough to not wander around.
Thanks for the thoughts gentlemen.

Back