• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Opinions pls (Sidewinder Wall Art)

earthling

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2021 SRX
2006 ATTAK
I put this together in photoshop, going for an oil paint look. I plan to have it printed on canvas.
Its hard to get a sense for how the oil paint effect looks from the limited image size I can post here so here is a preview (attached) and here is a larger version. you should be able to use the mouse wheel to zoom in or the expand arrows in the upper right corner of the browser.

The question is; is the oil paint effect effective enough?

SRX Front Quarter View_sm.jpg

Any of the "oil paint effect" canvas prints I have seen have been disappointing. The texture is randomly placed and doesn't align with the colors, do it doesn't look like a real oil painting. Limited effect from my perspective.

Tha pic is really sharp, though.i think you will happy if you even get it printed on vinyl with no effect.

A print on metal might be nice too.

Any of the "oil paint effect" canvas prints I have seen have been disappointing. The texture is randomly placed and doesn't align with the colors, do it doesn't look like a real oil painting. Limited effect from my perspective.

Tha pic is really sharp, though.i think you will happy if you even get it printed on vinyl with no effect.

A print on metal might be nice too.

Thanks for the feedback. Thats why I struggled with it. I like how oil effect works on the trees and snow but whenever there is real detail its hit and miss.

Here is the original

Last edited:

Back