• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oring bottom of oil tank

TURBLUE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder MTX
Last winter I noticed oil seeping out the bottom of the oil tank. Took the pipe adaptor/screen out the bottom of the tank. Whoever had it apart before just put black rtv silicone on and no oring. So can I just use a regular oring or do I need to order the right one? Size?

First time I cleaned the filter screen I crushed the O ring and cut it cause it wasn't in the groove properly when I tightened everything back up. Looks like the other owner did the same but took the lazy way to try and fix it. I just went to Yamaha and paid a couple bucks to get the right one and fix it properly, that way no worries on the trail.

There's nothing special about the. o-ring but ill almost garantee its metric. Unless you've got a good hydraulic shop nearby I'd just go go yamaha and get the correct one.

Watch when you install the pipe again that the o ring is seated in place. The o ring is larger then the groove it fits in. I used a dental pic to make sure it was in all the way around as I kept upward pressure on the tube.

Back