• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Overboost

Yamarace998

Veteran
Country
Norway
Snowmobile
Yamaha nypex mcx 400
Hello. I have changed to a bigger turbo and went with a external wastegate on my project. But sled is overboosting now on my 23 psi race flash with same crack pressure. I asume the boost duty cycle in boost table gonna be different with another turbo and wastegate. Can I compensate this with a softer spring in wastegate to get pressure down to 23 psi? Will the boost duty cycles be more correct then all over the boost map?

Also have a function in app called Boost WGV duty multiplier. Can someone tell me exact what this function is?

Thanks.

Hello. I have changed to a bigger turbo and went with a external wastegate on my project. But sled is overboosting now on my 23 psi race flash with same crack pressure. I asume the boost duty cycle in boost table gonna be different with another turbo and wastegate. Can I compensate this with a softer spring in wastegate to get pressure down to 23 psi? Will the boost duty cycles be more correct then all over the boost map?

Also have a function in app called Boost WGV duty multiplier. Can someone tell me exact what this function is?

Thanks.

What is the waste gate duty cycle multiplier set at on the app? Try lowering it if its set high, also what is the boost + or - set at? Otherwise you'll have no choice but to lower the wastegate spring. What's the crack pressure now?

What is the waste gate duty cycle multiplier set at on the app? Try lowering it if its set high, also what is the boost + or - set at? Otherwise you'll have no choice but to lower the wastegate spring. What's the crack pressure now?

The multiplier is set to 100. But what does this function do? If I put 90 there will it pull 10% duty cycle all over the boost table?

Boost is not adjusted in app. Wastegate have a 14 psi spring, same as the internal wg in the turbo tech kit. Crack pressure is arround 11-12.

Drop the multiplier to zero and work up from there. You might end up say at 50-70% to hit your number.

You can drop the boost to say -2 in app from target too depending on how much you are over boosting. Playing with the boost and WGV duty multiplier should get you in the window.

Drop the multiplier to zero and work up from there. You might end up say at 50-70% to hit your number.

You can drop the boost to say -2 in app from target too depending on how much you are over boosting. Playing with the boost and WGV duty multiplier should get you in the window.

Droppet it to 60% and is spot on! Thanks:)

Can someone tell me exactly what the ‘boost WGV duty multiplier’ does in the fine tuning options? Does it lower the boost duty cycles all over the boost table? In the hole rpm register?

Back