• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

P0130 alarm after oil change

michdog2011

Extreme
Good day all,

Have a new 2016 viper XTX that is showing A P0130 code after oil change / Chain case cleanup. Reinstalled with Copper Gasket when reassembled.

Sled ran with no codes before PM started.

Cleaned connection and still throwing code, Is the next step to replace sensor ? Some older post say it not needed .

O2 sensor is not needed IF sled has the newest flash which is highly recommended. Only way short of getting new flash is to get a new O2 sensor or a bypass to get rid of the code.Any reason sled is not updated? Does it have a EVO Ecu?

i picked up this summer - not sure if it’s been updated or what ECU it has. If I called dealer can they tell by VIN ?

What is the procedure to get unit update flash ?

Thank you for the help !

Welcome!Yes give dealer the VIN and he can tell you what I already know. Its not updated. Now you might have to pay for this because the Technical Bulletin has expired so Yamaha wont reimburse dealers anymore. Should only by a half hr charge or so.

Might want to call previous owner to see if it has EVO flash. Its a performance aftermarket flash that many really liked. They dont do it anymore.

Back