• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

painting windshield???

dexter

TY 4 Stroke Master
I really like the look of the all black versus the graphics and wondere what kind of luck people had with painting them. Any advice on type of spray paint etc??

yes paint it from the inside with paint for plastic like a plastic bumper paint that has the flex agent in it. i've done 2 over the years and they hold really well.

Most hobby shops sell paint for RC car bodies that works great. Like everyone else said paint the inside and it holds up really well.

What if it's a graphics themed windshield? It's like a coating in the inside and is factory. Does that matter?

Krypton Fusion work really well, used it on windshield and on my Nytro hood. Just clean really well.

I have 2 windshields that I took to a sign shop and they applied vinyl to the outside of them. They have held up great and they only cost $10 each to do.

G.B

The sign company I worked actually printed the color on white vinyl. So I picked the colors out of their color charts and picked a Yamaha blue for one windy and black for another. So as the vinyl was applied to the outside, the back side of the windy is white. I was even able to apply Yamaha stickers on the vinyl to complete the look.

The vinyl was trimmed on the windy with a knive. So if you get your face really close to it, you can see clear windy in spots up against the black edge trim. However, once it is mounted on the sled, you cannot tell or see any gaps up against the trim.

G.B.

Back