• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

painting windshield???

That sounds really cool. I will look for a graphics place and see what they say.

My wife has gotten really good with cutting vinyl of any type. Indoor, outdoor and even heat transfer vinyl. I have yet to find something she can't cut, and even layer in multiple colors. We did a phazer windshield for me years ago, and then did my daughters a year ago. She loves it and it was super easy.

We put the vinyl on the backside, and then painted over it on the backside. There is little chance of it getting damaged, and the image from the front is amazing. Check out my videos here:

1966713_10151923409935009_1977997102_n.jpg

What if it's a graphics themed windshield? It's like a coating in the inside and is factory. Does that matter?
Bump.

Anyway to strip the graphics inside the windshield? I have this one from the Vector I would like to replace the graphics with black paint.

2010-yamaha-vector-i01.jpg

I had a blue windshield with graphics on my Nytro. All I did was sanded the inside of the windshield with coarse grit sandpaper then with a fine git sandpaper until it was all gone. The surface looked really scratchy when I was finished and I thought it would never turn out. I spray painted black with plastic paint from Canadian Tire. Turned out amazing and you would never know what had been done. Hope this helps.

The sign company I worked actually printed the color on white vinyl. So I picked the colors out of their color charts and picked a Yamaha blue for one windy and black for another. So as the vinyl was applied to the outside, the back side of the windy is white. I was even able to apply Yamaha stickers on the vinyl to complete the look.

The vinyl was trimmed on the windy with a knive. So if you get your face really close to it, you can see clear windy in spots up against the black edge trim. However, once it is mounted on the sled, you cannot tell or see any gaps up against the trim.

G.B.

Any pics gone blue? I would like to paint/vinyl the windshield in the picture the same as the blue se windshield.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 90
I had a blue windshield with graphics on my Nytro. All I did was sanded the inside of the windshield with coarse grit sandpaper then with a fine git sandpaper until it was all gone. The surface looked really scratchy when I was finished and I thought it would never turn out. I spray painted black with plastic paint from Canadian Tire. Turned out amazing and you would never know what had been done. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. I might just give it a try!

Back