• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Parking brake fix for Viper / Sidewinder

tnc110

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder BTX SE, SRXs
Maybe it's just mine, but the parking brake lever is nearly worthless. Sometimes it will lock and somtimes it will not. Granted I don't use it often, mostly just when trailering, but it would be nice to have confidence that it will still be locked when I get to my destination.

I billet piece would be nice. Am I the only one who has a mediocre lever?

Maybe it's just mine, but the parking brake lever is nearly worthless. Sometimes it will lock and somtimes it will not. Granted I don't use it often, mostly just when trailering, but it would be nice to have confidence that it will still be locked when I get to my destination.

I billet piece would be nice. Am I the only one who has a mediocre lever?

I agree that the parking brake could use improving. While trying to help pull another sled from a ditch I needed to set my brake to keep tension on the line. In my zest to lock my brake, I did not pull hard enough on the brake lever before engaging the PLASTIC locking lever. It broke and I had to replace it. If a better replacement were available I would seriously consider replacing it.

Mine has worked flawlessly an I'm starting my fourth season.

Everytime I put mine on, I tend leave it on and go:o|

Sounds like there are some variations in the lever because mine isn't the best either.

Back