1. PLEASE READ: If you have problems logging in with your old password, click the Forgot Password link in the log in screen to get an email verification to request a new password or click Here. If you haven't received a new password from the forum please email your username and password to webmaster@totallyamaha.com. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  2. All hotmail, msn, outlook, live email accounts are not receiving email notifications. The only way to remedy this is to add @totallyamaha.com to your safe senders list in order to receive notifications.

Phazer idle speed?

Discussion in 'Phazer General Talk' started by STAIN, Nov 14, 2010.

1. STAIN

STAIN TY 4 Stroke Master

I just traded my RX for a 07 Phazer and my service manuals have not come in yet. What is the idle speed supposed to be on these? Is there and adjustment beside the throttle stop? My idle is @2600 rpm and I think it is contributing to it not going into reverse smoothly.

3. Ultrafrozen

Ultrafrozen Newbie

Did you let it warm up? The rpms drop after running for five or ten minutes. I assume the sled will drop into reverse easier then. I've only run my sled once since I bought it a few weeks ago and this is what happened.

4. Ruckus

Ruckus Newbie

It should idle around 1800. I find reverse will only engage when you are down around 2200 or so. It takes a solid 5 minutes to idle down, maybe longer. Sometimes you gotta haul up on the rear grab bar to get it to engage. Go Yamaha! ;)!

5. yamahas

yamahas Moderator Staff Member Moderator Tech Advisor Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    2009 Phazer RTX
    The adjustment screw is on the left side of the sled when sitting on it down up by the A-arms. Remove the rubber cap and you should be able to get to it with a screw driver from there. I keep my idle arouns 1750. I can engage the reverse by rocking the sled back and forth.

6. STAIN

STAIN TY 4 Stroke Master

thanks

7. yamahas

yamahas Moderator Staff Member Moderator Tech Advisor Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    2009 Phazer RTX
    Just make sure you let it warm up lots before you drop down the speed. dropped it when it wasn't warm enough and it would keep stalling. Took me a while before i realised what the problem was.

8. xt_gt

xt_gt Newbie

your right stain. i'd agree with everyone here that idle is about 1800 & takes a while to idle down. it does also go into reverse better once below 2000 rpms. sometime with a little rocking as well.

9. NKSALES

NKSALES Newbie

If after adjusting idle to 1700 RPM For the reverse problem get belt number 8GK-17641-10 and shim number 90201-345G2

10. BombaPolaYama

BombaPolaYama Newbie

Funny that they put the reverse lever back there eh! Couldn't help it. ;)!