• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Picking her up Tomorrow-2014

ronnie1

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
18 Sidewinder RTX SE
Well I updated those who read, that I ended up buying a 2014 FX. Pretty excited to have her back in the stable after a year with an '13 ETEC 800. I think I found the only 2014 left-anywhere! HA. Last year of the model has me a little nervous, but I know they are tried and true and compared to my 2010 FX I had two years ago, I hope she handles a little better in the front end. All black so I guess I'll be adding stickers since the only stickers on it are two Yamaha stickers...Of course black with two stickers looks pretty stealthy. I will post pics when I get her home, but you all know what they look like! Thanks everyone and i look forward to more posts!

Congrats! Not much has changed since the 2010 model though:)

What didn't you like about the 800 etec? My buddy is a doo guy and has a hardon for them

Congrats! Not much has changed since the 2010 model though:)

What didn't you like about the 800 etec? My buddy is a doo guy and has a hardon for them
I didn't like the 2 stroke-period! I have buddies who love theirs and after riding theirs while I had my Nytro-I thought I would love one too. So I bought one and rode it last year. Didn't like the VIBRATION. It was terrible. I also had an exhaust sensor go out, and a recall. Also battery cables that came loose twice. Probably from the vibration! Along with belt slippage one weekend, I had enough. Sold it and went back to Yammi. Not buying again for a while. They sure didn't skimp on the stickers for this thing! LOL.

IMG_0541.JPG
IMG_0542.JPG
IMG_0543.JPG
So-should I leave it the way it is, or go with a wrap?

I would just wrap the tunnel black and a black aftermarket headlight Nice sled!

I think leave it. It looks nice and clean. I was thinking of spicing up my sled with some colors etc. I went the other way and made it even more black.

Yeah-I was thinking tunnel wrap black with white Yamaha lettering. Would like to find a couple more YAMAHA white stickers though. No luck as of yet. Thanks for the advice

Or you could PlastiDip it. if you don't like it you could just take it off.

Go on eBay and look up 'Yamaha tunnel decal' few options there. Not sure on the quality.

I would paint the backside of the windshield black. I have done this in the past and it held up perfect. Looks a lot better IMO too.

The 2013 nytro xtx in black has nice subtle decals, just google it and order from Yamaha.

Yeah-I was thinking tunnel wrap black with white Yamaha lettering. Would like to find a couple more YAMAHA white stickers though. No luck as of yet. Thanks for the advice

X2 on this idea, those tunnel stickers for $65 on ebay would look great on that sled! I love my polished tunnel, but am thinking hard about tunnel stickers/wraps

X2 on this idea, those tunnel stickers for $65 on ebay would look great on that sled! I love my polished tunnel, but am thinking hard about tunnel stickers/wraps
The ones on ebay are gloss black though and the sled is a matt finish so I think it wouldn't look good. I put a flat matt black tunnel wrap on from fxgraphics and plisti dipped the top turned out great.

im looking at 14 nytro xtx,had an 09,loved it,blown out back led me to sell it,time to get another one,10" of snow the other day really got me ready for a new sled for lots of riding this winter,not sure I like the 1.75 track cause im a trail guy,some changes in mind

Back