• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Plastic dip 1st project finished..

super_rash

Expert
Country
Canada
Looks nice, a bit less smooth because i used spray cans for my first try...but if it sticks throught the winter, will do more precise job later.. for 75$, a good try..

actually, if it stays on one season, i'll be very pleased with a result with basic spray can technic..

Shire hope it holds up, please re-post with pics and report at end of season.

looks good but i would have left them black and did just the seat but it's not my sled.

have fun with it;)!

I was looking for black plastic dip wondering where you painted. Didn't know you can color match plastic dip to yamaha silver?

I had my side panel painted by a body shop with Yamaha blue paint. Very expensive but holding up well. This seems like a cheaper option.
I used black truck bed-liner spray paint to do my rear suspension.

Looks Good and I like that you kept the bottom pieces black, this should hold up well!

didn't try the single shot yet, waiting for that first snow fall, but looking at it, not much adjustment going on there... just air preload on the shock, thats it.. hmm...hoping Yamaha will have it dialed in but i am a little concerned about that..will see soon.. for color match, it just happend that bright silver plasti dip is pretty close to the sivler of the sled, and so it was pretty simple... put on metallic red clear over it but that didn't change much on the silver...looks nice but the stickers dont want to stick on the rubber that well.. we'll see..

If you get a good branch by accident on the trail ( I see them from time to time) it will gouge it and start to peel . I know this because I sprayed my exhaust covers black plasti dip .branch got it .but it does hold up to the cold .

Your sled looks like James Bond sleds , kinda sorta, they had in the movie I believe in 03 but they were skidoo revs .

i know, it will peel if a branch hits it , but with some solvent and a vinyl glove, you can melt it with your finger and rub it after putting on another 2 coats on that little area, but i know, it ain't very solid, but at least it looks good for a little while, maybe i'll shoot them with paint if i like it like that...

It looks good! But....anywhere you might get spray from the track, skis, or riders in front of you......eh, it doesn't hold up well. My front grab bar held up (Nytro) ok except ice chunks and such from riding behind. My rear grab bar shredded on the sides from snow kicked up from track. If nothing is hitting your paint job you may well get away with it (other than aforementioned sticks and brush). Hope it works bro!

i know, its not the most resistant solution, but it didnt cost too much to try... i also received silver carbon fibre decal i might put on if this doesnt stick though...

Back