• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Powermadd Sentinel Handguards Any Good?

AXR

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Current: 2017 SideWinder L-TX LE

Past: 2015 Sr Viper R-TX SE, 2008 Apex RTX, 2002 Sx Viper, 1997 XTC 600, 1991 Doo Formula Plus.
I am thinking about getting a set of Powermadd Sentinel Handguards with mirrors and the armor that gives them a larger profile. I was also looking at the Rox Flex-Tec, but am leaning towards the Powermadd for the added mirrors. I have some friends that swear by the Rox, but it would be so nice to have mirrors on the Powermadd so I can ditch the stupid glove mirror.

Does anyone have the Powermadd's and would you say they are a good alternative to the Rox as far as wind protection? I ride trails and could care less about them blocking branches. Also are the mirrors useable or do they wobble all over the place?

Thanks!

I have sentinels with mirrors and they are awesome! My dad liked them so much he bought some for his.
6980da414e78ab52b49d8b4fe5b60016.jpg
45e875e5f59f927433d2754361cb8a47.jpg
35a65033de9574e13313a3be0744c02a.jpg
8f386dd7e0e6b8c9a0448f2ec9c54b51.jpg

I have since gone to there newer style mirror and it looks a lot better than the old antennas in my last pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!! I think you sold me with those pics lol. They actually look large enough w/out adding the extra armor.

I have them on the 14 and they work great. Instead of the mirrors though I am looking for a pair of binoculars that mount on them so I can see up the trail for the guys I am going to run down :Rockon:

I had the Powermadd hand guards & mirrors with the rox flares on my srx. They worked great for wind protection. Mirrors vibrated a lot though. I would keep your $10 glove mirror which is what I have now and works better than those little mirrors. Jmo experience though.

I have them on the 14 and they work great. Instead of the mirrors though I am looking for a pair of binoculars that mount on them so I can see up the trail for the guys I am going to run down :Rockon:
or the ones you left 3mi back :D

Just ordered the Sentinels with the new mirror kit. Hoping they work out great this winter.

I have them.... really like the look and I think they are fairly warm.. not the warmest though but I was kinda more or less going for the look with some coverage... Def like them though

Ok. Was out cleaning the sled up today (finally) and snapped some pix of them. I had put them on quick back in the spring when I got them to see how they would look and how they would be on my SideWinder. Here are pix of the guard with mirror and the guard with the Armour and mirror. If using the Armour it covers a bit of the mirror and does not allow you to fold the mirrors closed. (i forgot to take a pic of them folded closed). I think I will look for some round tuning fork stickers to put on the back side of the mirrors to break up that big black blob with a screw in the middle.

The left guard uses the existing bottom mount of your break mount. You take off the top part and put the guard mount it it's place. They provide a longer bolt that replaced the front bolt. The rear bolt is recycled from your original break mount. The Right guard gets mounted to the bars next to the throttle block.

I have not used them yet, but so far I like them. Note: If you watched any of the promo videos that show the guy bending them. I have to let you know that they do not have much flex. He makes it look like they bend right over. They don't.

b50d42.jpg
auz9rl.jpg
sb78sm.jpg
30963vk.jpg

Ok. Was out cleaning the sled up today (finally) and snapped some pix of them. I had put them on quick back in the spring when I got them to see how they would look and how they would be on my SideWinder. Here are pix of the guard with mirror and the guard with the Armour and mirror. If using the Armour it covers a bit of the mirror and does not allow you to fold the mirrors closed. (i forgot to take a pic of them folded closed). I think I will look for some round tuning fork stickers to put on the back side of the mirrors to break up that big black blob with a screw in the middle.

The left guard uses the existing bottom mount of your break mount. You take off the top part and put the guard mount it it's place. They provide a longer bolt that replaced the front bolt. The rear bolt is recycled from your original break mount. The Right guard gets mounted to the bars next to the throttle block.

I have not used them yet, but so far I like them. Note: If you watched any of the promo videos that show the guy bending them. I have to let you know that they do not have much flex. He makes it look like they bend right over. They don't.

b50d42.jpg
auz9rl.jpg
sb78sm.jpg
30963vk.jpg

Awesome!! Thank you!!

wow. Great post. Exact same setup i will be installing. Thanks for the pics too.

Be safe.....

Are the mounting brackets adjustable? My Apex MTX has curved bars

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Back