• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary clutch surface flat?

I used to run the 89L on all my 2 strokes with no problems and less slippage but they don't seem to hold up on the 4 strokes that i set up so I've stuck with the 8dn for them.

I second the concern about the chunk missing from your primary clutch in the shot where you have the straight edge on the belt face. Draw a line straight up from the head of the primary weight arm bolt and you will see the missing chunk just behind the belt face. If you don't replace the clutch or fix the broken area that clutch is going to explode and do a lot of damage and/or injury soon.
As for the belt issue, check the center bushing and slide guides in both the primary and secondary clutches. Also check for a failed or worn bearing in the stub shaft on the engine and a failed jack shaft bearing especially the one closest to the secondary clutch.

The clutch with the chunk out of it is most likely out of balance. :(

Thanks for pointing that out guys. I have already sent the clutch off to schmidt bros so I can't look more closely. He said he's running about a week and a half behind. I'll let you know what he finds. Assuming I need a new clutch, do you have any recomndations? Any options besides used?

From what i checked, bushing, spring and slides in secondary are shot too.

Back