• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pure Awsome

Great video and great cause!!! You well never see any other brand make it even close to that number of miles. That's Yamaha reliability at its best!

Great video. You wouldn't see any other sled running for that many miles :yam:

I'd like to know what broke and what was modified or replaced during his 100k miles experience, and what was left untouched. I mean, how often did he have to replace exhaust donuts, bearings, etc.

That is just amazing a human and machine can go that long !! I get exhausted just thinking about it ..
Great job nick ! And Yamaha ! Wow

I think normal maintenance but his timing chain had slack and then took the motor around 80k miles.

Subaru2006

Wow that super impressive ! Good job

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I wrote in his Valentine 500 last year we did 506 miles in one day. Going to ride with him again this year and try to hit 700 miles in one day. If you go online to his snowball cancer challenge website you can find his maintenance logs. The engine let go because the timing chain stretched and jumped off the gears at just over 80,000 miles. The only thing he really did was change oil in both the engine and chain case every 3000 miles and lube the chassis just about every day. He went through several tracks but only a few pair of DuPont slides and a few pair of Bergstrom triple point carbides. He also uses the Ulmer ice scratches and swears by them.

I wrote in his Valentine 500 last year we did 506 miles in one day. Going to ride with him again this year and try to hit 700 miles in one day. If you go online to his snowball cancer challenge website you can find his maintenance logs. The engine let go because the timing chain stretched and jumped off the gears at just over 80,000 miles. The only thing he really did was change oil in both the engine and chain case every 3000 miles and lube the chassis just about every day. He went through several tracks but only a few pair of DuPont slides and a few pair of Bergstrom triple point carbides. He also uses the Ulmer ice scratches and swears by them.
What other brand could you do that with !! Yamaha's may be a little heavier, but I'll take that for the quality and dependability they have.

There is a great write up on Mr,Keller in the February issue of snowgoer. Tells what his maintenance schedule was and parts replaced etc. A great read about a great man.

Back