• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question for High Mileage Split Rail Users...

Sevey

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder RTX
Anybody have their Split Rail skis apart after some serious miles on them.

Were there any discoveries with he wear of the bushings and spacers inside? (where the plastic rail attaches to spindle)

Mine have over 7000km with no issues and was wondering if it was time this summer to take a look at them.

When the weight of the sled is off the skis, there seems to be a bit of slop in them - when you move them side to side.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks
MS

Trying to recall when I put mine on, but I think I now have in excess of 12,000 km on mine now. Had one off once when I lost one of the spindle to ski bolt. They sent me anew one but it was not going to make in time before our trip so made my own. It is still on. I have changed out 2 of the 4 carbides. Other than that I just keep going. Have not been concerned over any excessive play.

I have a little play in mine after 3 seasons. Not enough to concern myself with.
Viperguy I love my Split Rails. I rode nytro this weekend without them(had c&a pros) and couldn't believe how hard it was to steer and how much push there was compared to mine. They were a big step up from stock tho. They are that good but pricey. I won't ride my Nytros without them now. Shane.

I found a cheap 2010 XTX with a set of Split Rails on them and I'm a bit concerned. A. It's been traded to a dealer and the OEM spindles/skis are not with the machine. B. It has 6600 miles on the the odometer and I'm not sure how many are on the rails. What do I neend to look for? Any maintenance that should be done to the SR spindles? I'm not tech savy so I will need my brother to help me but Iam concenered about what to do if I do not like the way they perform. How much would it cost to go back to an OEM front? Or am I just overthinking this?

Thanks.

I would run them before you jump to any conclusions. Have nothing but good comments about mine.

I have mine apart and replaced the bushings this summer. The surprising thing was, the old bushings were in pretty good shape after abot 10,000km. I could likely have cleaned them up and put them back, but I decided to replace.

Take note that the guys at split rail have come up with a better tool to fit the 3-prong fastener that holds the ski to the spindle. if you are thinking of taking them apart give them a call. They also supply the loctite kit to assist putting them back together.
MS

I'm not jumping to conclusions, in fact I haven't really found any bad comments about the SR rails but the price of the machine isn't so cheap if I did end up wanting to go back to the factory 2010 setup. I just am taking that into consideration.

I had to replace both upper and lower ball joints after about 4000 miles of split rails. The skis do put more wear on the joints. Keep the joints lubed with silicone.

Back