• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rail extension opinions

nickleuci

Expert
Posted this in the rs section but not my much activity there.

I can get a 144 track for cheap and I am thinking about extending my RS Nytro using the muffin works tip up extensions.

Are rail extensions reliable, what manufacturers are recommended, and will they ruin the ride quality?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant speak about Muffin Works rail extensions but I am using Tracks USA tipped up rail extensions going from a 121" to 144". The Tracks USA rail extensions are really well made and IMO the rails are way stronger with the extensions than without. If I break a rail it will be nowhere near the extensions. The Tracks USA rail extensions extend the hyfax as well. As for ride, going from 121" to 144" was the best mod I have ever done to a sled. The improvement in ride, traction, and floatation is considerable and more a factor of the longer track than using extensions. G.B.

I used a set of Muffin Works ext. on one of my Apex's to go from 121 to 144 tip-up. They are made very heavy. You will break your rail somewhere before the ext's. I am very satisfied and would use them again if I were to do another. Your ride quality will be better and it will make your sled much better off trail. Hope this helps.

Just ordered an extension package for my dad's Apex today from Muffin Works. They are doing a 20% off special for the month of November and if you order the rail and tunnel extension as a package you get another 10% off. Hard to beat that deal!

I can't speak to their extensions but I did have a set of their billet rails (136") on my '06 RS Nytro.......good quality and durable........and I'm a BIG guy.........

Stomper, not to take anything away from Muffin Works, but I am not sure what your looking at on the Tracks USA site but they do have 6 degree tipped up rail extensions for all Yamaha sleds. They are listed as "Tip Up" design in the description. I am running YAM-200 144" tipped up extensions on my Phazer. Below is off of Tracks USA web site.

"YAM-GL-202 12" Rail extensions for 2008 to 2013 Yamaha Nytro snowmobiles. 121" to 144", offers the "Tip-Up" design. $170.00"

"YAM-200 12" Rail extensions for 1996 to 2004 Yamaha snowmobiles. Also fits 2007 to 2013 Yamaha Phazers. 121" to 144", 136" to 159", offers the "Tip-Up" design. $170.00"

"YAM-202 12" Rail extension for Yamaha snowmobiles. Fits 2005 to 2007 Nytro, 2005 to 2009 Apex, Vector and Venture. 121" to 144", 136" to 159, offers the "Tip-Up" design. $170.00"

G.B.

Back