• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear cooler

radianguy

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha FX NYTRO XT Express
Hey guys wondering if anybody can help me out...I was looking at the sidewinder xtx at my dealer yesterday, should have taken some pics, but wondering if anyone can get me some pics of the rear cooler?
Looking at adding a rear cooler to my NYTRO xtx and thinking the sidewinder rear cooler might work.

Thanks for any help.

I have no pics of the sidewinder cooler, but what is wrong with the nytro coolers that are available already?

Stock yamaha one?
I'm running the mountaintech one without a rad and have only overheated once running a bare road for a long time. Since he uses a rubber hose for the rear loop, adding an extra cooler in the rear would be pretty easy.

If I remember right MPI makes a tunnel cooler kit for these that includes the side and rear cooler I believe.

Yeah the stock Yamaha mtx cooler.
I know about the mpi cooler, but have been reading about it and not so good reviews. I figure the Yamaha sidewinder cooler will work just need some pics, or another look at the dealer.

just get one from a 2003 viper .

Here you go, it's from a prototype Sidewinder but I don't beilieve it cahanged at all.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 249
So the tunnel protectors are three pieces by the looks of them!I was told you just slid them into each slot and peened over the ends so they don't slide back out,does that sound right.

Nope. Brand new tunnel protecters they are glued and then 1 black screw on end of protecter.

they can barely get machines out..parts arent even released...good luck on that....I too believe the mpi is the way to go...along with engine ice or the like...make sure the system is bled properly...I suspect this is where some of the complaints come from

I have the NYTRO side mount cooler, want more cooling. Since I put the 1.75 track on I find it could use more cooling.

Have you considered the dual fan kit I offer? It pulls more cfm of air through radiator.

Nope. Brand new tunnel protecters they are glued and then 1 black screw on end of protecter.
But are there 3 pieces,or2 pieces,that slide into grooves.

Back