• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Heat Exchanger and Trail Tank

jw8844

I have a 2008 FX NYTRO and just bought a rear heat exchanger ,also have a trail tank ,was wondering if I would have any probems installing the heat exchanger

I guessing no, obly because the MTN guys are running trail tanks and there sleds come from the factory with the rear cooler

No you shouldnt, I added the rear exchanger to my xtx as well as a trail tank. The trail tank is there newest design so I dont know if that matters but everything fits okay,

from what seth@ trailtanks told me...theres been three generations of the tank...I know for sure the last fits but the priors I doubt!

thats why I bought the latest model istead of a used 2nd gen

sj said:
from what seth@ trailtanks told me...theres been three generations of the tank...I know for sure the last fits but the priors I doubt!

thats why I bought the latest model istead of a used 2nd gen
I think I have one of the first gen tanks..the fit isn't the greatest but, works.

The toughest part of the exchanger install is dealing with the new hose that installs to the top of the stock exchanger, hose #8 I think, according to the instructions. It's a very tight fit and not much wiggle room. I just did this last night.

I recently went through this and ended up getting a new trail tank.

See my post here:

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?p=684605#684605

I wasn't comfortable jamming the old tank back in pinching off the hoses for the additional cooler in the process. It wasn't even an issue of being comfortable, the tank just simply would not go back in place at all, even with the steering loop loosened. The top hose coming out of the new cooler sticks up that much as can be seen in this picture:

4076950566_c623dbde49_b.jpg

Back