• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rebuilding shocks in Western New York

Snowman07

Expert
After 3200 miles I just started noticing my shocks fading. Who is the best shock rebuilder in Western New York?? I have a 2 week lull, to were I can't ride due to commitments. So I figure this is the best time to have my shocks rebuilt. I'd also like to have them revalved a bit more stiffer, so they'll have to know what their doing. Any suggestions??Thanks

Snowman07 said:
After 3200 miles I just started noticing my shocks fading. Who is the best shock rebuilder in Western New York?? I have a 2 week lull, to were I can't ride due to commitments. So I figure this is the best time to have my shocks rebuilt. I'd also like to have them revalved a bit more stiffer, so they'll have to know what their doing. Any suggestions??Thanks

The best guy by far to contact is Steve Mathewson. He owns Suspension Systems and works out of his house in Little Valley NY. His Phone number is 716 938 6064 or cell 716 244 3842. He does a lot of shock work for dealerships including Pioneer performance. I've used Steve for about fifteen years all the way back to my Cat days when a shock rebuild needed to be done twice a season (crappy Cat shocks).

I personally have dealt with Ian at Monster Performance who is in NY. Not sure where Schuylerville is in relation to you, but he is awesome to deal with. Very honest, will spend the time talking with you on the phone to figure out exactly what you need in terms of valving and prices are good too. He deals with all brands, although my dealings with him have been in relation to my REV. He also does powder coating if you wanted to change spring colors while the shocks are there. I like Ian because when you call- that's who you talk to- not a flunkie that "thinks" he knows what he's doing, or an employee who just doesn't care. Just my $.02.

jds1000 said:
Snowman07 said:

The best guy by far to contact is Steve Mathewson. He owns Suspension Systems and works out of his house in Little Valley NY. His Phone number is 716 938 6064 or cell 716 244 3842. He does a lot of shock work for dealerships including Pioneer performance. I've used Steve for about fifteen years all the way back to my Cat days when a shock rebuild needed to be done twice a season (crappy Cat shocks).

Agreed. Steve Mathewson, in Little Valley, does GREAT work.

I've also used Ian at Monster Performance, in Schuylerville, too. He performed great work on my TNT.

Again, they both do great work and are much more cost effective then the other big name in NY.

Back