• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Removing exhaustof

Sevey

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder RTX
hey guys
Took the back end of my nytro apart. The exhaust cover was stubborn getting off. And the exhaust is not sliding off the end.
So- what are the tricks to get the exhaust off the end of the pipe??? Tried tapping it with a block of wood. It's pretty seized on.

Thanks
Ms

Man I just pulled and welded mine and after fighting it for hours, finally cut a slot in it with cut off.wheel, was re-welding it anyways, had to order new gaskets for it (brilliant pad looking), good luck.

hey guys
Took the back end of my nytro apart. The exhaust cover was stubborn getting off. And the exhaust is not sliding off the end.
So- what are the tricks to get the exhaust off the end of the pipe??? Tried tapping it with a block of wood. It's pretty seized on.

Thanks
Ms
Are you talking about the muffler or the header off of the flex pipes?

I would try a rosebud tip on a torch to try and get it freed up, next resort would be like BigDog said and make a relief cut in the muffler side to try and open it up to allow you to wiggle it off (be care full not to but into the underlying piper. Use a band clamp (not a u-bolt) to put it back, makes it much easier the next time it needs service.

There is an expansion slot on it already that you can use a common screwdriver to open it. Try a little heat and give it a tap. If all else fails use a little monkey piss to soak briefly and wipe off any excess. If you do that make sure to run it for a leak check and smoke off the pen. oil before closing.

Missed you comment Canoehead. Yes I was referring to the muffler. Here I thought it would slide off the end. It is slightly siezed on. Judging by the comments sounds like heat and a little banging is in order.
MS

Back