• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Reviving the apex

kingtut

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Apex
Since the money is finally rolling in I will be now getting a new exhaust manifold for my CPR setup. Problem is that I have heard so many things about their manifold breaking after a short period. Plus they are a 3-1 setup and I want to look into a 4-1 setup. What are some good companies out there and are there any current members that are closely connected with these companies. I have heard that turbine tech inc is making a 4-1 exhaust for the apex, but looking on their site I have not seen it yet. Same with Synapse, i see a lot of car turbo stuff, but nothing for an apex. I'm looking for longevity for this exhaust and what to do what i can to make it last so the question is, do I wrap it? I was also speaking to my buddies uncle and he was saying there is some kind of hardened plastic you can put under the manifold so it takes up some of the wiggle room preventing cracks forming. What do you guys think?

This is the busted CPR header of mine. I e-mailed turbine tech and they discontinued the apex header. I also emailed hurricane and synapse, but no reply from those companies. I'm hoping I can fit a 4 into 1 exhaust for my turbo.
GOPR0844.jpg

Is this a T3 Flange? It is more rectangle than square.
GOPR0846.jpg

I know this is kind of old but if you can't find anyone to to make you a new header, my cousin and I made one for a Nypex. If you have your old cracked header, we could use that as a template and make you a 4-1. We'd just have to talk through exactly what you're looking for in a final product.
DSCN1362.jpg
NYPEX HEADER6.jpg

Back