• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rodent deterent ideas??

I had them building a nest over my fridge in my camper. Couldn't see it as it was behind the wall,etc. Well they would go to the front up against the control panel and piss. It ruined the control board. When I pulled the control board off I saw the mess. I had no idea. They kept coming back by the ton so I lined the whole top of the fridge with stick type traps. That got them. They say they will keep going to a place they have settled in time and time again.

the "ultimate mouse trap" take a 5 gallon pail and drill to holes 1/8 or so in the top about 1 inch down and directly across from each other. get an empty pop can and drill a small hole 1/8 or so in the center of the top and bottom. run a wire through the can and through the holes in the pail. so the can is suspended horizontally in the middle of the pail. put about a gallon of water in the bottom of the pail. put a ring of peanut butter around the can. now get a small board like a pice of lath. and use it as a ramp from the ground to above the pop can. make sure there is about a 3 inch gap from the end of the ramp to the pop can and your done. the mice climb up the ramp, jump onto the pop can, the can spins on the wire and the mice fall into the water in the bottom of the pail and dround. the first time i did this i had 8 in the pail by morning. replace peanut butter and water when needed.

i put oil in mine helps keep the smell down for a long time.

DSC01392.JPG

Dog hair is a good deterrent also. I have a Saint Bernard we just brush him and wrap the hair in a rubber band and place in the machines being stored. Works great

I use these in sheds, garage, basement, etc Any place that rodents may wander. They are not single customer like traps. Just check periodically to be sure there is still bait inside.

515Ra-Pzi%2BL.jpg

the antifreeze alone is an atractant to them my father left some antifreeze in a pour spout bucket in the shop and when he went to use it again he saw what he thought was a stick sticking out of it what it was was a mouse still hanging from his rear feet died drinking the antifreeze. almost gave him a heart attack when he pulled out the "stick" and it was no stick lol.

The bucket method works well too, although it doesn't need to be elaborate. Just have water in the bottom and smear peanut butter inside above the water line. No need for the can.

With the damage they do use everything at your disposal it will save you much $$. I use all the above mentioned methods along with several empty hand cleaner tubs filled with ammonia. There is not a critter that can take the smell of the stuff. They avoid the area at all cause. Works for Bats in the attic, Squirrel's in the attic, Raccoon's in the chimney any critter that breathes will run from the stuff. I check the tubs every few months to refresh it, the stuff evaporates.

Just make sure any animals you dont't wan't dead can't get to the antifreeze!!

Tator has the best Idea, ecxcept use Antifreeze, they will last in there along time without rotting. I usually use RV antifreeze just incase the loved ones get into it.

Best way is to find out where that Doo guy that's always talking sh!t has his sled stored and then put a open jar of peanut butter under his hood. Then those little mice wont want nothing to do with your Yamaha .. haha

Just joking

Let it snow!

Back