• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rough Idle

RobWarrior

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 FX NYTRO RTX
07 Nytro took it off the trailer a month ago and it wouldn't run...cleaned carbs and seemed to run fine...now runs fine be idles really rough? synced the carbs and still rough? Still has old gas in it?
Thanks

I agree with the above and throw some new plugs in it doesnt take much to foul those little buggers!

Wow I was thinking the gas...i did throw a can of seafoam in with this tank...Thanks guys I'll try the plugs and some more seafoam. just so I'm not missing anything when cleaning the carbs how many jets are there? Anyone using a different plug? with the Rx sleds I remember people changing to I think CR10ek?
Thanks again

There are two jets in each carb that need to be cleaned the main jet and the pilot jet which is the most common for plugging up but on mine this fall coming out of storage all 3 pilot jets were plugged and 1 main jet plugged solid I hope this helps

Hoss thanks I cleaned the mains and pilots on all three carbs. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.
That's all the talk about JETS i can take for today after the NY Jets beat down my Pats today!

still rough idle but have some of the old gas in there still? Might have to do them again? what do you think about the plugs?

Run that old gas out of it first like was said then you can start to figure out what could be wrong. Thinking you will need to clean the carbs again and new plugs and a fuel filter would all help.

Back