• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS Nytro Proaction CK 121 to 144. Need advice

Bradford

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
06 RS Nytro
I've installed TracksUSA 121" - 144" tipped up rail extensions and extro drivers and now I'm having a bit of an issue with track adjustment. I read on here that these extensions change the geometry of the skid and cause the track to tighten as it moves through its travel. So, to figure out how tight I can go on the track adjustment, I removed the springs and completely bottomed out the suspension by jacking it up with floor jacks. Problem is, with the nuts removed from the adjusters and the axle moved ahead as far as it can go, the track is tight just before it bottoms out. If I put extra weight on the sled, it will actually bottom out so I think it's Ok at this point. When I remove the jacks and allow the skid to drop, the track has 5/8" free sag and 1-7/8 sag at 22#. Here's my questions:

1. Is the track too loose @ 1-7/8" at 22#?

2. Will it balloon too much to stud? If I do stud it, it will just be for safety so I would stud it on the inside of the rails and not toward the center

Those are good questions. We'll need a proactive expert to help you but I know your right in stock form the track tightens as its compressed and that gets exaggerated when you go to 144, you might have to relocate the suspension to get it to work right or at least better.

What size track and studs were you thinking?

The track is 1-1/4". If I do stud, I won't go any longer than necessary. I'm looking for safety more than performance

If its not going to hurt anything, I'll leave it the way it is. I actually ran it last year for about 500 miles with the current setup without any problems that I'm aware of. I'm just hoping that I haven't opened a can of worms with this conversion :o|

once the track breaks in it will stretch. 2 inches sag is ok with antiratchets. your main concern will be stud clearance, check it carefully and add to protectors if needeed.

I think you'll be fine with your track tension...and as said, the track will stretch, more so with the studs. You may find that you'll eventually have to tighten the track after a while.

Back