• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX / RS - (DIY) ski spindle bushing replacement.

Redbeard

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex, 136 M20, PB80
2008 Vector, 136 M20, PB80
Below are some simple step-by-step procedures to easily replace worn ski bolt bushings (where the ski attaches to the spindle) on the RX / RS sleds. It just so happens that an outer, lower A-arm collar (in the aluminum spindle housing) is the perfect size to drive out the old bushings, without dinging up the bore with a punch or chisel. I used an old collar and bolt from an RX1.

I would recommend cleaning old grease and grit out the spindle bore before removing the old bushings, or the collar could wedge in the bore.

Enjoy! ;)!

VR21.jpg
VR22.jpg
VR19.jpg
VR20.jpg
VR26.jpg
VR25.jpg

:D

Last edited:

Below are some simple step-by-step procedures to easily replace worn ski spindle bushings (where the ski attaches) on the RX / RS sleds. It just so happens that an outer, lower A-arm collar (in the aluminum spindle housing) is the perfect size to drive out old ski spindle bushings. I wouldn't use a good A-arm collar to do this, but a used one will work fine.

I think this job could be carefully performed with the spindle still on the sled, just don't beat them too hard. All-thread, nuts and washers could probably be used to squeeze new bushings in as well. It's a simple job, just take your time!

Enjoy! ;)!

View attachment 118777 View attachment 118778 View attachment 118779 View attachment 118780 View attachment 118781 View attachment 118782

:D
Excellent work, as usual.

Back