• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1 144” stretch info

Z-Rider

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 RX-1
2007 Phazer Mountain Lite
New to the site and Yamaha. Gathering parts for a 121 to 144 stretch on my 2003 with reverse in the spring.

Have the track, rail and tunnel extensions in hand. Can anyone give me a list of bearings, seals, and anything else that I would want to replace since I’ll be elbow deep into this beast?

Thanks in advance

Reconsidering the plan of attack on this

Would I be better off finding a 144” skid and going that route or follow through with the rail extensions on the stock skid?

Obviously I already have the tunnel and rail extensions, so I can still use the tunnel and just sell the rest.

If anyone has recommendations for a decent 144” skid frame let me know and I’ll start searching for that instead.

Thanks in advance!

When I stretched my RX-1, I had already replaced the ProAction (aka NoAction) with an AD Bovin Expert-X suspension and then opted to go with custom fit rail extensions so wouldn't know how the ProAction suspension would fair being stretched to a 144". Have read here on the forum that some suspensions like the Mono 121" are not ideal candidates for an extension. You might want to search and read up on past threads on others who have swapped out the suspensions in their RX-1's with longer ones. They ranged from the new Mono and Mono II suspensions and even some Artic Cat and Ski Doo (SC and there was one of an Apex using an R-motion).

When I stretched my RX-1, I had already replaced the ProAction (aka NoAction) with an AD Bovin Expert-X suspension and then opted to go with custom fit rail extensions so wouldn't know how the ProAction suspension would fair being stretched to a 144". Have read here on the forum that some suspensions like the Mono 121" are not ideal candidates for an extension. You might want to search and read up on past threads on others who have swapped out the suspensions in their RX-1's with longer ones. They ranged from the new Mono and Mono II suspensions and even some Artic Cat and Ski Doo (SC and there was one of an Apex using an R-motion).
I found a nice clean SC3 121” complete skid with rebuildable shocks for a good price.

Has anyone installed this skid and extended to a 144” track in an RX1?

I’ve also seen mention of moving the upper wheels back the same distance as the length of the rail extensions. Did I misread that or is it something proven?

I wouldn't worry about replacing a whole bunch of stuff "while your in there" kinda thing.The chaincase stuff lasts forever and left side bearing could be changed anytime.

It would be nice if you knew of another sled like it too measure off.

Back